Fixing a business
Fixing a business
When you need to fix operational or financial issues and improve performance, our specialists help you prioritise issues and focus on the right path.
KPMG can guide through financial difficulties and improve corporate performance.
In this rapidly changing environment, every company faces challenges. A step in the wrong direction can sometimes have significant effects on corporate performance and company value. KPMG’s integrated team of specialists guides you through difficult times to deliver real results for your stakeholders.
To overcome operational or financial challenges and improve performance, you should consider quickly stabilising your cash and liquidity positions and taking a realistic view of current options.
We provide a thorough approach to stabilising under-performing companies by identifying opportunities for strategic, operational, organisational and financial change and executing on them to achieve real results. We help establish solid ground for a turnaround by assessing your liquidity position and creating a stakeholder management plan.
Our integrated team of specialists helps you focus on the key questions through the critical stages of change management.
- Option identification: How can I quickly and effectively assess my options?
- Stabilisation: How can I stabilise the business and assess its financial position?
- Transformation strategy: What are the financial paybacks of the various options?
- Execution: How do I ensure full delivery of the turnaround plan?
- Value realisation: What risks and costs are associated with each path, including contingency plans?
Discover the answers and other key considerations by downloading our Turnaround ebook (PDF 1.4MB).
When a company is experiencing financial difficulties, stakeholders often look for additional information or resources to help rebuild their confidence. We help you understand the complex landscape of borrowers, lenders and shareholders and manage stakeholder communications, so you stay in front of the issues and make the best decisions. We help you assess short-term liquidity requirements and consider actions to quickly preserve value and address potential risks to stability.
Our integrated team of specialists helps you focus on the key questions as you navigate a corporate restructuring to achieve sustainable, operational and financial change.
- Appraisal and stabilisation: Do I have enough liquidity to keep operating?
- Options assessment: Do I know what has gone wrong and how to fix it?
- Stakeholder negotiations: How do I keep everyone engaged in negotiations?
- Development of solutions: What sustainable capital structure offers the best prospect of success?
- Implementation: How can I reconcile all stakeholder positions to implement the new capital structure?
- Ongoing monitoring: How do I ensure that the business is supported through its recovery?
Discover the answers and other key considerations by downloading our Financial Restructuring ebook (PDF 1.0MB).
When a company is in distress, the management team faces many competing challenges. We can help you assess the situation and, if necessary, assist you with developing a practical insolvency plan. Working with you and your stakeholders, we help you identify the path that will help maximise available value. We help you assess the impact and risks of various options, identify the right filing jurisdiction and prepare a detailed insolvency plan that optimises the stakeholder positions. We support you as you position your company for a return to health and financial standing.
Our integrated team of specialists helps you focus on the key questions through the development, implementation and completion of an insolvency.
- Distressed corporates: How serious is the problem?
- Insolvency planning: What are my options?
- Commencement implementation: What needs to happen when my company is in a formal protection process? How do I maximise value?
- Exiting a formal process: How does my company get back to normal?
Discover the answers and other key considerations by downloading our Solvency Strategies ebook (PDF 1.2MB).