Successful infrastructure projects need to be underpinned by strong financial and commercial advice throughout the lifecycle. In any project, some of the typical challenges include:
- identifying business case options that are pragmatic and solution-oriented
- designing a procurement strategy and commercial framework that balances value for money, market conditions and broader project objectives over an asset lifecycle
- driving a transaction process that brings together commercial and technical requirements to deliver a successful contract outcome that will meet user expectations
- ensuring that the contract can be managed for value and respond to changing circumstances.
- using data to better understand user requirements, and embedding digital tools and capabilities into commercial solutions
- ensuring any commercial solution reflects sustainability goals
- balancing program and project investments to drive social, economic and environmental dividends to all stakeholders including the community, asset owners and investors.
The breadth and depth of our experience offers benefits across the infrastructure lifecycle:
Integration with the broader Infrastructure, Assets & Places team and KPMG’s global network provides access to new thinking.
Deep engagement with the market enables us to embed insights into commercial solutions and procurement and delivery processes.
An integrated real estate team that ensures a continued focus on how infrastructure better connects people, places and communities.
Experience in designing and managing complex procurement processes and in closing transactions.
Deep understanding of the requirements of business case frameworks.
How KPMG can help
We offer services in the following areas:
|Business Case and Project Development|
- Strategic and project options analysis
- Business case development
- Commercial and financial advice
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Regulatory advice
- Market sounding
- Funding and financing strategies
- Packaging and procurement strategies
|Procurement and Contracting|
- Transaction leadership, management and support
- Bid process strategy and design
- Development of bid documentation
- Development of commercial principles and contracts
- Interactive tender process management
- Tender evaluation
- Negotiation and contract finalisation
- Financial close processes
- Commercial contract management
- Managing change (scope variations, etc.)
- Managing claims and dispute resolution
- Commercial contract management
- Managing change (augmentations, etc.)
- Service contracting and contestability
- Privatisations and transactions
|Real Estate Services|
- Asset and portfolio strategies
- Project feasibilities
- Real estate valuations
- Transaction management & execution
- Market led proposals
The KPMG difference
Bringing together a specialist, multi-disciplinary team
KPMG have assisted with some of Australia’s most significant infrastructure programs and we have advised all levels of government, private asset owners and investors. We have experience across every asset class including transport (rail, road, ports and freight), energy, social infrastructure (health, housing, education, justice and security), Defence and complex property and precincts.
We can offer the wider experience of our Infrastructure, Asset & Places team to advise all phases of infrastructure delivery from investment decision, procurement advice and transaction management, through to contract close, project delivery and operations.
Our team comprises capabilities across all geographies with a variety of backgrounds including banking, finance, economics, legal, engineering and property.
We understand the complex challenges in delivering major infrastructure projects and can offer the capabilities required to achieve a robust commercial outcome.
Experience the KPMG difference.
Get in touch
Our latest thinking
Thought leadership, research and reports relevant to Commercial Advisory & Transactions.