Tim has wide-ranging experience across a number of industries but in particular the wine industry and agribusiness, where he works with different stakeholder groups to manage and sell businesses and assets on both a formal and informal basis, conduct assessments/reviews and determine and implement strategies for financial and operational improvement.
Tim’s career highlights and capability in the wine industry and agribusiness include:
- Administrator of McWilliam’s Wines Group (one of the first families of wine in Australia), including trading operations for a 16-month period, restructuring and sale of business via a Deed of Company Arrangement.
- Review and advisory role to a financier of a major vineyard holding in the Coonawarra region in South Australia.
- Confidential review of capital allocation of a group’s portfolio of businesses, including an assessment as to the realisable value of the assets of the wine business to support a proposed transaction by family members. The deliverable was a report assessing the assets (including desktop valuation of wine inventory) and liabilities on the balance sheet and modelling under a range of scenarios to achieve the best outcome.
- Confidential review of a brokerage and wine producer business with both domestic and export channels (Europe, UK and the USA) and indirectly into China, which is considered Australia’s largest bespoke bulk wine business.
- Confidential review for a financier of a Riverina based wine business to advise the financier regarding the financial position of the group, its cash flow needs and financial forecasts, so that decisions could be made around seasonal funding for grower payments and the ability of the group to meet its future repayment obligations.
- Advisor to a family run operation involving extensive cropping, sheep and wool production across four sites in three states to restructure roles between family members and assess modelling to advise on funding options for the total farming enterprise.
- Adviser to secured creditor of borrowers operating three dairies in South Australia to monitor a dissolution of various partnerships and conduct a review of the interests post partnership dissolution including assessment of new borrowing positions.
- Review, advisory role and ultimately receiver of a vertically integrated aquaculture operation based on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia.
- Review and subsequent monitoring role and restructure of an owner/operator of 4,250 ha of cropping/grazing properties in South Australia and cattle stations in the Northern Territory.