KPMG’s global values define us as a firm for ourselves, for our clients, and for the marketplace. Our values describe who we are, what we do, and how we do it. Our values also help us attract and keep quality people, develop relationships with the appropriate clients, and protect and enhance our reputation. We aim to incorporate them into our relationships with our clients and colleagues so that they are reflected in the work we do every day and in the relationships we have with each other and with our clients.
We do what is right.
- We are honest, fair and consistent in our words, actions and decisions — both inside and outside work.
- We take responsibility and accountability for our day-to-day behavior and we hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards at all times — even when under pressure. We keep our promises and set an example for others to follow.
We never stop learning and improving.
- We are relentless in delivering quality work to the highest professional standards.
- We do this by staying curious and taking personal responsibility for our learning. We constantly look to improve our work through data and insight, and are open to new challenges and feedback because that is how we develop and improve.
We think and act boldly.
- We are open to new ideas and honest about the limits of our own knowledge and experience. It’s about applying professional skepticism to what we see and asking questions where we have doubts.
- We speak up if we see something we believe is wrong and we support those who have the courage to speak up themselves.
- Courage is being bold enough to step outside of your comfort zone, to do what is right and meaningful for all our stakeholders.
We respect each other and draw strength from our differences.
- We do our best work when we do it together: in teams, across teams, and by working with others outside our organization.
- Working together is important because we know it’s collaboration that shapes opinions and drives creativity. We embrace people with diverse backgrounds, skills, perspectives and life experiences and ensure different voices are heard.
- We show care and consideration for others and strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong.
We do what matters.
- We take a long-term view, even in our day-to-day choices, because we want to build a stronger KPMG for the future.
- We never lose sight of the importance of our role in building trust in the capital markets and in business.
- We make sustainable, positive change in our local communities and in society at large, striving to make the world a better place.
The KPMG culture is rooted in our values. Our integrity and policy of open and honest communication builds trust and collaboration, while our flexibility and diversity creates a culture in which people share knowledge freely, bringing out the very best in each other. Asked why they choose to work with KPMG, many clients talk about our high level of professional ethics, our loyalty, and our approachability.
Our culture extends beyond good business practice. We are also recognized for the efforts we make to alleviate poverty, support education, and protect the environment.
Our employees benefit from this forward-thinking approach. A critical element of KPMG’s global vision is to be recognized as an “employer of choice”—to recruit, retain, and develop the very best people.
This allows our people to flourish both as professionals and as individuals—to enjoy a challenging career and get the most from their personal lives. They do so knowing that they are part of a responsible and positive culture that extends beyond them into the greater business, social, and natural environment.