These are changing times for Canadian technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) companies. The past decade has brought an explosion of new technologies, mobile devices, content and channels which, in turn, has driven exponential growth and new demand. At the same time, shrinking margins and rising costs - combined with new compliance, regulatory and sustainability requirements - have fundamentally changed the business model for some TMT participants.
How we can help?
KPMG in Canada's TMT consultants are some of Canada's top trusted advisors helping technology, media and telecommunications organizations both in Canada and around the world grow and reduce their risk. We do this by leveraging our deep experience working with many of the country's largest telecom and cable operators; software, entertainment and media companies; as well as some of the most promising start-up businesses and high growth tech companies in Canada.
Our clients are working with KPMG to help them achieve a wide range of objectives including:
- Growing their revenue, minimizing expenses and optimizing operations
- Leveraging smart tax strategies, tax credits and R&D incentives
- Minimizing financial risk, accounting risk and operational risk to drive business performance
- Building appropriate tax, accounting and compliance systems for international, cross-border operations
- Conducting sophisticated transactions including acquisitions, exits, mergers and restructurings.