- Cooperating with and supporting the accounting, tax and finance teams of KPMG in Taiwan in providing integrated professional services.
- M&A Practice, including domestic and cross-border transactions such as merger, share swaps, equity investment, asset transfers, joint venture, group restructuring, PE/VC formation and investments/exits, etc.
- General Corporate and Commercial Practice, including company law matters, securities law compliance, labor law compliance, fair trade law compliance, contract drafting and negotiation, etc.
- Capital Market Practice, including Taiwan and U.S. securities law advice and a full range of securities offering transactions, such as Taiwan IPOs and TDRs by foreign issuers, overseas offerings of GDRs and ECBs, Formosa bonds, etc.
- Banking and Finance Practice, including corporate financing, syndicated loans, project financing, ship/aircraft leasing and financing, derivatives transactions, regulatory compliance advisory, license application and international syndication, etc.
- Private Wealth Practice, including full range of legal counseling for families and individuals on estate and succession plan matters.
- Tax Law Practice, including to support the tax team of KPMG in Taiwan on every legal aspect of tax matters.
- Intellectual Property Practice, including copyright, patent & trade secret licensing / counseling/litigation, patent prosecution, fair trade & unfair competition/anti-trust laws, information technology law & internet related laws, electronic commerce related laws, etc.
- Dispute Resolution Practice, including commercial litigation and arbitration, coordination for cross-border litigation and commercial dispute resolution, governmental dispute proceedings, white-collar crimes, corporate fraud investigation, litigation support advice on US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, etc.
- Other practice areas such as cross-border antitrust law, government procurement and public construction projects (including BOT), real estate investment, regulatory advice on foreign and PRC investments into Taiwan, etc.
Global KPMG Legal Services
KPMG’s Legal Services global network brings together 2,300 lawyers across 76 countries worldwide to offer local, regional and cross-border advice. We work together with our other client service teams, who help deliver commercial priorities, be that compliance with laws and regulation, growth through mergers and acquisitions, or setting up in new territories.