Latest edition – H1 2021
2021 has seen an incredibly strong start to the year for the global fintech market. As you’ll see from this edition of Pulse of Fintech, the rebound we saw in H2’20 continued into H1’21, with very robust investment across VC, PE, and venture capital. We saw growing deal sizes in a wide variety of fintech subsectors — from wealthtech and regtech to crypto and cybersecurity. If there was a word that could be used to describe H1’21, it would be: diversity.
As vaccinations rise around the world and jurisdictions continue to emerge from the pandemic, fintechs and incumbent financial institutions need to recognize how far they’ve come and look at how they can keep building their momentum as they look to the future.
Whether you’re the CEO of a large financial institution or the founder of an emerging fintech, the road ahead is sure to be radically different from what you envisioned just a year or 2 ago — and that’s likely a good thing. As you read this edition of Pulse of Fintech, ask yourself: Recognizing how far we’ve come over the last 18 months, what can we do now to make sure we keep moving forward successfully?
Download Pulse of Fintech H1’21
VC investments surge and cross-border M&A more than doubles all of 2020
Download this edition for:
- global and regional analysis with key investment data and insights
- top fintech trends for 2021 and beyond
- interview with Jason Pau, Chief of Staff, International to the Chairman and CEO, Ant Group
- fintech segment insights for a deeper dive into payments, insurtech, regtech, wealthtech, cybersecurity, blockchain and cryptocurrency
- spotlight article, Putting big data at the heart of decision-making.
To learn more about the analysis and topics raised in this edition, or to discuss your organization's unique fintech agenda and roadmap, please contact your local KPMG advisors or the contributors in this publication.