KPMG’s Audit and Assurance practice provides industry leading pensions assurance and audit services to UK based final salary and defined contribution schemes.
With the recent news coverage and discussion around the UK’s vote to leave the EU, we would like to introduce you to KPMG's website focusing on the EU referendum and its implications. The site is regularly updated to bring you the latest issues arising from the vote for the UK to leave the EU.
The site can be found by clicking here.
Please get in touch with your usual KPMG contacts to discuss any issues or concerns you may have.
- We understand pensions audit and assurance: KPMG currently provides assurance services to over 600 pension schemes in the UK including over 30% of the top 100 UK schemes (January 2019). We use accredited staff: Accredited teams with industry leading knowledge and the right experience and training, working to bring you efficient, informed and effective reporting.
- We assist with scheme governance: We add value to scheme governance by providing constructive and proactive comments on your financial controls. We can compare them to your peer group using our industry leading financial controls benchmarking analysis.
- We provide enhanced feedback: We harness the specialist knowledge in KPMG’s pensions advisory and administration practices, and gained through our financial sector services, to bring added depth to our work on benefits and investments.
- We keep you abreast of relevant developments and current thinking: We are extensively engaged with the industry through bodies such as PRAG and the ICAEW. Our dedicated technical team works to keep us and you up to date with accounting and regulatory developments.
Alongside external audit, we offer a wide range of assurance services, including:
Accounting and Regulatory Assistance:
Leading Practice and Governance Reviews:
- Recommendation of improvements and efficiencies in all aspects of your scheme’s governance and operations
- Assistance in meeting and exceeding the Regulator’s Codes
- Examples of recent such reviews are as follows: management of providers, investment governance, IT security and business continuity planning, treasury, and data remediation
- Assurance reporting for master trusts
- Risk-based assurance which dovetails with other sources of assurance
- Project assurance aligned to key milestones, e.g. new administration systems, delivered through co-sourcing, outsourcing or discreet reviews
- Increasing the breadth and depth of the core statutory audit with additional testing and analysis to provide supplementary assurance and insights, for example, recalculation of salary related and career average benefits in complex schemes together with a review of records maintained
- Helping you comply with The Pensions Regulator’s expectations
- Getting more from the risk management process and linking it to the controls and governance framework
- Advice on embedding risk management into trustee business and operations
- A health-check of your DC controls framework
- Helping you comply with The Pensions Regulator’s Codes including the Code and Guidance on DC schemes
- We will be holding further events through the year, including an Autumn Technical seminar. These events are open to Trustees, Scheme Accountants, Managers and Technicians. Watch out for details on the website or if you want to receive an email notification of new events, email us.