Making sure that your accounting treatment is correct and your financial statements compliant is an on-going process as your business undergoes change and the industry evolves. Multiple triggers can impact your financial statements and accounting processes, including:
- Specific business events such as entering new contracts, acquiring or disposing of a business, or group restructurings
- New accounting standards, affecting your balance sheet, reported results as well as your accounting policies and manuals
- Updated disclosure requirements, impacting the compliance of your financial statements
- Changes in the reporting framework, which must be reflected in your financial statements as well as the wider business
- Digital developments in accounting and reporting, opening new opportunities for efficiency gains in accounting and reporting
Find out more about our services.
How we can help
Managing these changes on your own can be overwhelming. Our KPMG team of accounting experts can help you navigate the accounting implications and offer you advice on the following areas:
On-call accounting advice
Our on-call accounting service provides you with a single point of contact in our specialist Accounting Advisory team to address all your accounting needs. Our team specialises in IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP.
Impact analysis of new accounting standard
We can help you keep up to speed with accounting developments and can support with evaluating transition options, project planning, documenting accounting policies, benchmarking key judgements, communicating with the stakeholders and training your team.
Accounting policy reviews
By reviewing your accounting policy manual, we can help ensure that this clearly reflects all the latest accounting pronouncements. We can also benchmark your policies against industry norms and explain accounting policy choices and their implications.
GAAP conversion support
Changing your accounting framework represents more than an accounting exercise. We can help you understand the implications on your financial statements, but also set out the tangible actions required to deliver the changes across your wider business.
Accounting and financial reporting transformation
Organisations are advancing in the path of digital learning by digitalising accounting literature and corporate reporting. We can help you keep up with the future of finance and gain efficiencies in accounting and reporting with the help of automated accounting tools.
Accounting and reporting training
Our team of expert trainers can complement your own internal development programmes, providing information to those who require it, when they require it. Our training will be designed to suit your unique circumstances.