Buying a Business
Buying a Business
If you are considering buying a business, KPMG’s integrated team of specialists helps you ask and answer the right questions throughout the acquisition life cycle, from developing the optimal acquisition strategy right through to delivering the expected value.
As you execute your company’s growth strategy through acquisitions you will reach a number of decision points. We help buyers confidently navigate the complexities of buying a business, unlocking value at every stage. We think like an investor to help you:
- develop an effective acquisition strategy
- identify and prioritize potential acquisitions
- conduct accurate business valuations
- develop and execute implementable solutions
- deliver real results when you buy a business
Our integrated team of specialists helps you ask and answer the key questions with confidence through the critical stages of planning and executing an acquisition.
Deal strategy: How do I maximize shareholder value and returns?
- Position yourself to gain maximum value by developing a deal strategy aligned with your corporate vision and a clear capital allocation plan.
Option identification: What businesses can I acquire in my target markets?
- Identify and prioritize acquisition targets based on their availability, alignment with your deal strategy and ownership structures. You’re moving toward a successful transaction when you are able to manage stakeholders effectively and initiate contact with vendors.
Evaluation: What is the asset worth to me?
- Assess the value of the target through a holistic review of the business and its value drivers, including a consideration of the upsides available under your ownership.
Deal execution: How do I get the deal done at the right price?
- Negotiate and execute the deal with confidence by addressing issues that arise during the investigation –such as risks priced in and protection sought in sales purchase agreements (SPA) – and assessing future upsides.
Pre-close: How do I plan for a successful Day 1?
- Take firm control of the new business on Day 1 by devising an effective implementation plan that balances execution at deal speed with minimal business disruption.
100 days: What is my plan for delivering the deal value?
- Develop a clear view of the target operating model and a roadmap to its realization, including addressing cultural issues and designing efficient benefit tracking models.
Value realization: How do I maximize value?
- Apply a best practices approach to identifying, measuring and increasing operational improvements and synergistic benefits, including determining untapped areas of value.
Our integrated team of specialists combines knowledge, analytical tools and proprietary data to fuel smarter, faster decisions earlier in the buy side process. We can help you identify key risks and rewards throughout the acquisition life cycle – even for the most complex deals. We help you align deals with strategic business objectives, maintain compliance and realize value from integration.
Discover the answers and other key considerations by downloading our Buy Side ebook (PDF 2.11MB) or contacting one of our specialists.