Creating and setting up a successful joint venture or business alliance involves specialized skills. Employing a global mindset, KPMG’s integrated team of specialists supports you through the life cycle of a joint venture or alliance, giving you our global best in quality and reliable service from creation to exit.
Creating and setting up a new joint venture or business combination requires specialized skills. KPMG’s joint venture experts can support you from pre-deal strategy through to implementation and governance as you:
- develop an effective strategy and business plan
- identify the market opportunity and potential partners
- appraise the options and design the partnership
- execute the deal and plan the implementation
- power up your joint venture or business combination
Our integrated team of specialists helps you ask and answer the key questions with confidence through the critical stages from creation to operation of a business combination.
Understanding the strategy: What are the key objectives for a partnership?
- Develop a strategy and then determine if a partnership is the best way to achieve your goals.
Options appraisal: Where and how should I partner?
- Target the right markets by analyzing market opportunity and identifying potential partners.
Opportunity evaluation: What are the risks and rewards?
- Identify the best way to create value and the key success criteria. A thorough evaluation process will prepare forecasts, build business models, evaluate the risks and document the investment case.
Partnership design: What does the partnership need to succeed?
- Design a practical operating model, legal structure, governance framework, value principles and exit strategy.
Deal execution: How can I negotiate the best deal?
- Develop an effective and efficient deal process. Support your negotiations by drafting key documentation and testing partnership scenarios to increase protection and value.
Plan implementation: How can I plan for a successful implementation?
- Ensure efficient governance and monitoring, synergy deliverance and an effective transition with a practical implementation plan.
Powering up: Am I delivering a successful partnership?
- Prioritize issues, particularly cultural ones, and resolve them in a timely and effective manner.
Tracking progress and identifying issues early will help you power up successfully.
In some situations, the best option may be to exit the joint venture. Using a non-traditional, tailored approach to meet your needs, our globally experienced joint venture practitioners can help to preserve maximum value at this critical point of the life cycle. Whether you’re evaluating the risks and rewards of a potential opportunity, identifying potential issues or executing the deal, we give you confidence from creation to exit.
Discover the answers and other key considerations by downloading our Partnering ebook (PDF 2.30MB)