In times of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), large numbers of employees are working remotely. This poses challenges to staying connected and productive and maintaining a healthy work culture.
Modern social and engagement platforms can help make sure we continue to collaborate, messages are heard, leadership is visible and practices are shared. We've collected some tips & tricks for you below
1. Be early and welcome everyone
2. Have a clear structure & agenda for your meeting. Be precise about the goal of your meeting. Add the agenda and relevant documents to your calendar invite.
3. Mute when listening to avoid unwanted background noise
4. Shake it up! Create exercises, polls, votes to get interaction from attendees. Consider white boarding for brainstorming inputs
5. Stay focused on the purpose of the meeting
6. Agree how you deal with questions. Appoint a moderator who can actively monitor questions, timing & activities. Use the chat to add your question or idea
7. Turn on the cameras – get face time to feel connected.
8. End the meeting well – smile and thank each other after a good meeting!
9. Don’t forget to record important meetings, so those that are double-booked can watch them later!
In times of COVID-19, everyone is at home so have an open discussion about which timings work best for people with kids.