Your essential guides to financial statements
Our Guides to financial statements help you to prepare financial statements in accordance with IFRS Accounting Standards. They comprise:
- Disclosure checklist, which identifies the disclosures that may be required based on currently effective standards;
- Illustrative disclosures, which illustrate one possible format for financial statements, based on a fictitious multinational corporation; and
- Supplements to illustrative disclosures, which illustrate additional disclosures that companies may need to provide on accounting issues.
These guides will help you to tell your story based on your specific circumstances and to ensure that your financial reporting provides the information that users need through clear, meaningful and specific disclosures.
Guides to financial statements
What’s new in 2022?
The 2022 Illustrative disclosures reflect requirements relating to the newly effective standards and amendments issued by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) – i.e. those that are effective for companies with an annual period beginning on 1 January 2022.
They also include:
- an illustration of disclosures related to a demand deposit in response to the IFRS Interpretations Committee agenda decision Demand Deposits with Restrictions on Use arising from a Contract with a Third Party; and
- one possible way to explain the potential impact of a new global minimum tax, which could affect companies’ disclosures in 2022 annual reports. Read our web article to find out more.
Other financial reporting considerations
Financial reporting in uncertain times
Many companies are likely to be facing challenges in these uncertain times. External events such as COVID-19, natural disasters and geopolitical events such as the Ukraine–Russia conflict and inflation are just some of the major issues driving global economic uncertainty today.
Preparers should carefully evaluate and consider the impact of external events on their 2022 financial reporting and provide relevant company-specific disclosures.
Our Financial reporting in uncertain times resource centre includes articles, blogs and podcasts to help you better understand the accounting and disclosure implications for your company.
Climate change and financial reporting
All companies are facing climate-related risks and opportunities and are making strategic decisions in response – including around their transition to a low-carbon economy.
Our Climate change financial reporting resource centre provides FAQs to help companies identify the potential financial statement impacts for their business.
Also, the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB) has published a proposed climate-related disclosures standard. For more on this and related developments, see our Sustainability reporting web page.