Your company, your employees and your customers are likely to be facing challenges in these uncertain times. COVID-19, natural disasters, geopolitical events such as the Ukraine-Russia conflict and inflation are just some of the major issues driving global economic uncertainty today.
This evolving uncertainty creates a variety of issues and risks, including changes in consumer demand, disrupted supply chains, staff shortages, increased market volatility and changes to the way we work.
These articles, blogs and podcasts explore the potential accounting and disclosure implications for your company.
KPMG’s Global Economic Outlook identifies and discusses some of the risks – and opportunities – that are facing governments and organisations in selected economies, which may help you to better understand what the short-term future may hold, and to consider the potential financial reporting implications.
- Ukraine-Russia conflict – What are the impacts on accounting for investees?
- Ukraine-Russia conflict – What are the implications for fair value measurement?
- Ukraine-Russia conflict – Have non-financial assets become impaired?
- Are fair values appropriately determined and disclosed?
- Will taxable profits be available to recover deferred tax assets?
- Have lease assets become impaired?
- Are revenue-cycle assets recoverable?
- How might capitalisation of borrowing costs be affected?
- Recovery from COVID-19 – Time to reverse impairment losses on non-financial assets?
- Moving to hybrid working – Is your leased office space impaired?
- How should companies account for hyperinflationary economies?
- How should companies assess and account for lack of currency exchangeability?
- Does measurement of expected credit losses appropriately reflect the impact of increased economic uncertainty?
- Has the impact of increased economic uncertainty on credit risk been appropriately considered?
- How is hedge accounting impacted?
- Does a contract still meet the own use exemption?
- Have borrowers considered changes to the terms of their liabilities?
- How are expected credit losses on trade receivables impacted?
- How is a hedge of interest rate risk impacted by a payment holiday?
© 2022 KPMG IFRG Limited, a UK company, limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.