Simon leads the Midlands Private Client Team, specialising in all direct personal related taxes including Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax. He is also a part of KPMG Enterprise in the Midlands, applying the breadth of his knowledge to privately owned and private equity backed businesses.
Simon joined KPMG’s Owner Managed Business Practice in 1998 advising entrepreneurs, businesses, individuals and trustees on all tax and related succession matters. Since then he has developed a particular specialism on personal taxes whilst guiding a range of stakeholders, from private equity executives and high net worth individuals to entrepreneurs.
Reflecting the wide variety of work that comes with a thriving private client practice, recent matters that Simon has advised on include:
- corporate reorganisations and wealth succession planning including the use of Trusts and other entities;
- family investment and family holding companies;
- property business incorporations;
- variety of private equity and trade sale transactions;
- advice on residency and non-UK domicile matters;
- inheritance tax, succession and profit extraction considerations; and
- advice on private equity fund structures for private equity executives and participants.
Simon is passionate about adding value and articulating clear and practical recommendations based on a deep specialist understanding of tax legislation and its real-world application.
KPMG Executive MBA, ENPC School of International Management
Legal Practice Course (LPC), College of Law, Christleton, Chester
Bachelor of Law (LLB), De Montfort University
Chartered Tax Advisor, Chartered Institute Of Taxation