Korean Business Desk
New opportunities for your company
Current changes in the global economy, caused by recent the credit crunch, have forced companies to look for new business undertakings. In response, some Korean companies have chosen to either set up business in or outsource certain operations to Indonesia. The Korean Business Desk at KPMG Indonesia is committed to helping Korean companies start and successfully develop their business while adapting to changing market conditions and local regulatory requirements.
Our accounting, tax and advisory services are designed to help clients, with their own unique circumstances and needs, successfully manage operations in Indonesia. Our services are executed by a multidisciplinary group of both Korean and Indonesian professionals who have deep industry experience and continually undergo rigorous KPMG training.
We understand the requirements and intricacies of the relationships between Indonesia operations and parent companies with their global affiliates. That is why we work closely with the KPMG International member firms in Korea in order to provide seamless trans-border services.
Accounting Advisory Services
KPMG Indonesia’s Accounting Advisory Services has a team focused on helping apply new accounting standards in a variety of industries. We can provide timely advice on accounting changes, new policies, training and financial reporting implications.
Our team helps identify differences between statutory reporting requirements and the group or parent level of IFRS or U.S. GAAP accounting policies. This helps build sustainable processes to achieve the data and information requirements of both.
We offer on-going resources for information on accounting pronouncements, providing quantitative methodologies to help clients adjust and recognize the impact of new policies.
We help design and document systems, processes and internal controls over the key business cycles impacted by the adoption of a new basis of accounting.
Among the services offered by our professionals are:
- CFO advisory services
- Management accounting (planning and budgeting, costing models and management reporting)
- Financial risk managementInternal audit co-sourcing and outsourcing
- Operational audit, restructuring and cost optimization
- Finance strategy (processes, procedures, organizational structure of financial departments and dimensioning)
Financial Advisory Services
Our financial Advisory Services consist of two distinct lines of service: Transaction Services and Corporate Finance services.
KPMG Indonesia’s Deal Advisory Services
We provide divestiture, merger and acquisition support, placing strong emphasis on stakeholder value and identifying key risks and benefits early. Whether the right course is to buy, sell, restructure or invest in a joint venture or alliance, we support strategic buyers and sellers as well as private equity firms throughout the transaction life cycle.
KPMG is one of the world’s leading financial advisers on public and private transactions. Over the last six years we have held a top two position for the number of deals completed globally. This gives us extensive knowledge and experience, which is essential to de-risk your transaction.
Among the services offered by our professionals are:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Business sales and disposals
- Public company and take-over advice
- Flotations and initial public offerings (IPOs)
- Private equity and management buy-outs (MBOs)
- Valuations, fairness opinions and appraisals
- Project finance, public private partnerships (PPPs) and the private finance initiative (PFI)
- Debt-raising and restructuring.
KPMG Indonesia’s approach to today’s tax issues reflects the unique needs and objectives of our Korean clients, whether we are dealing with the tax aspects of a cross-border acquisition, developing and implementing a global transfer pricing strategy or local Indonesian tax matters.
We use our in-depth knowledge of local tax regulations and industry experience to work in multidisciplinary teams that bring together the technical and sector experience required to support your tax and business objectives. Our professionals, both Korean and local, focus on the business issues behind tax issues and apply their technical skills and business acumen to address them.
This results in comprehensive tax planning for our clients that is intended to help them achieve tax compliance and manage tax risk. KPMG Indonesia’s Korean Business Desk can deliver these benefits because of our local knowledge and global reach. We understand the opportunities and pitfalls in the international and national markets.
Corporate Tax Compliance
Many Korean companies in Indonesia lack in-house tax personnel. We provide guidance to your organization on the interpretation of local tax laws, tax planning and preparing tax returns in accordance with Indonesian requirements.
Tax Assessment Assistance
We assist many clients responding to tax assessments from the Indonesian Tax Officer. KPMG can provide assistance by helping you prepare protests and, in most cases, representing your company at appeals. We serve as your advocate, sounding board and research facility for your in-house tax personnel.
We provide assistance with transfer pricing studies and planning, advanced pricing agreements and negotiations with both Indonesian and Korean tax authorities. KPMG Indonesia’s transfer pricing professionals have experience advising Korean companies on these complex issues.
Customs and International Trade
In the era of on-going globalization, the proper application of the customs law is one of the principle factors contributing to a business’s final success.
Our services include:
- Analysis of planning and support in implementing optimal import and export structures.
- Reviews to help ensure compliance with customs.
- VAT and excise tax regulations.
- Full representation in disputes with the Customs Office.
KPMG’s global Audit Methodology (KAM) provides robust, high-quality audit services applied on a consistent basic worldwide. This ensures that our work meets the high standards demanded by clients, regulators and the public. The audit methodology emphasizes the critical nature of substantive procedures, effective risk assessment and control testing. It is designed to meet all applicable Indonesian and international standards.
The KPMG advantage
KPMG is the only large consulting practice that engages experienced Korean professionals and highly skilled and experienced specialists to work solely with the local subsidiaries of Korean clients.
- We work closely with our tax, IT advisory, internal controls and business process resources to bring key insights and skills to address your needs.
- By combining significant technical knowledge, interdisciplinary capabilities, extensive experience and globally consistent methodology and tools, we can provide insights and help you proactively address challenging issues.
- We have experienced project managers who help ensure an appropriate level of project communication and organization ensures, issues are identified and resolved, deadlines are met and unnecessary tasks are identified and avoided.
- We work closely with your resources and legal advisors to tailor our approach to your individual demands and requirements.
- We bring industry experience to focus on unique challenges and approaches specific to your business needs.