Luu Bao Lien is Director in the Ho Chi Minh office of KPMG Vietnam. She has past experience as finance director for a large manufacturing and real estate group and more than 11 years of work experience with Big4 firms in the advisory, accounting and auditing profession for both multinational commercial clients and non-profit organizations in the real estate and construction, manufacturing, retail and whole sale, pharmaceutical, hospitality and trading industries. Her selective experience includes the following:
Financial Management: She was a team leader for various financial management engagements for leading companies in Vietnam, some examples include:
- Re-design the Finance Function and develop the key finance standard operating processes for a leading manufacturing, real estate, construction companies
- Design the Planning Budgeting Forecasting Process and cost optimization initiatives for a leading consumer finance
- Design the Management Information System (MIS) and finance analysis for various leading groups and company for key operational and financial areas
- Review and provide recommendation for improvement for an accounting model and methodology that are complied with state regulations and meet the needs of management for a leading University in Vietnam.
- Review and design the cash management process for manufacturing and real estate groups
- Review and design the Planning & Budgeting Forecasting (PBF) process including for different leading groups and companies including: (i)Planning budgeting driver framework; (ii) PBF process and model; (iii) PBF allocation matrices: (iv) Document the business requirement to automate into different systems (PBCS, SAP BPC and 1C)
- Review Planning Budgeting Forecasting, MIS and Robotics Finance for Vingroup.
Business Transformation: Lien acted as project manager of the business transformation project with one of the leading construction Group in Vietnam. Scope of Project includes (i) Human Resource Management:; (ii) Designing the comprehensive Financial Management system; (iii) Designing internal audit structure, designing the policies and procedures; (iv) Designing risk management function and risk management manual
Business Process Improvement: she had led a number projects in the review and proposed redesign of the current business process for a leading groups and companies in Vietnam, including real estate, manufacturing & media groups & companies.
Risk management: She was project manager of advisory team in risk management services for one of the largest companies in security market including workshop, interview, risk identification, measurement and control.
Lien had led successfully various team for audit assignment for various groups & companies in Vietnam including: VBL (Heineken & Tiger), Tin Nghia Group, Victoria Group, MyLan Group, Hoa Binh Group, Mobile World JSC, Nguyen Kim JSC, Mabuchi Motor Co. Ltd, etc.
Accounting services: Lien was in-charged of accounting services for a globally recognized non-profit organization for its three fiscal years from 2006 to 2008.