Philippines: Tax audit and field operations of task forces suspended
Effectively immediately until further notice, tax audit and field operations of task forces are suspended
Effectively immediately, tax audit and field operations of task task forces are suspended
The Bureau of Internal Revenue issued Revenue Memorandum Circular No. 76-2022 (30 May 2022) to suspend, effectively immediately until further notice, the audit and other field operations of all task forces created thru Revenue Special Orders, Operations Memoranda and other similar orders or directives.
A case-to-case review and evaluation of the necessity and progress of each task force will be conducted by the Office of the Commissioner before they are allowed to resume their audit functions and field operations.
The Bureau of Internal Revenue also issued Revenue Memorandum Circular No. 77-2022 (30 May 2022) to suspend, effective 30 May 2022, all pending letters of authority/audit notices, mission orders and submission of inventory thereafter.
No written orders to audit or investigate taxpayers' internal revenue tax liabilities shall be issued or served, except in the following cases:
- Investigation of cases prescribing on or before 31 October 2022
- Processing and verification of estate tax returns, donor's tax returns, capital gains tax returns and withholding tax returns on the sale of real properties or shares of stocks together with the documentary stamp tax returns related thereto
- Examination or verification of internal revenue tax liabilities of taxpayers retiring from business
- Audit of national government agencies, local government units and government owned and controlled corporations, including subsidiaries and affiliates
- Other matters when deadlines have been imposed or under the orders of the Commissioner of lnternal Revenue
In addition, service of assessment notices, warrants, and seizure notices will remain in effect.
Read a May 2022 report prepared by the KPMG member firm in the Philippines
The KPMG name and logo are trademarks used under license by the independent member firms of the KPMG global organization. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee and does not provide services to clients. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm. The information contained herein is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavor to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act on such information without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of the particular situation. For more information, contact KPMG's Federal Tax Legislative and Regulatory Services Group at: + 1 202 533 4366, 1801 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20006.