Many companies still consider pricing to be a tactical lever that starts and ends with setting prices. Others get stuck when it comes to investing in the necessary skills and tools. The result? Value is left on the table and price wars can ensue – not because businesses have lost control of pricing, but because they never controlled it in the first place.
In the following articles and videos, we seek to understand why pricing is so misunderstood, and discuss how your organization can benefit from more effective pricing strategies.
- Unlocking the potential of pricing: Identifies the organizational, behavioural and psychological barriers to good pricing practice and outlines how these can be overcome.
- Unlocking the potential of pricing: Are you thriving in the water or lost at sea?: Looks at the critical factors that can drive better pricing, showcasing the results of 300 executive interviews across a wide range of sectors.
- The 10 percent profit opportunity: Sets out why pricing should be at the top of the board agenda and how those companies that treat pricing as a strategic capability should outperform their peers on sales and profit growth. The research was based on 200 cross sector interviews.
- Price is not as important as you think: Puts forward the case as to why price should be just one component of a progressive and effective pricing policy.
- The price isn’t right: Watch the video below that sets out why pricing should be on every CEOs agenda and needs to be considered as more than a tactical lever to drive volume.