Heng Sing started his career in KPMG by joining the Audit & Assurance division in 2007 and moved to the Transaction Services unit under KPMG’s Deal Advisory practice in May 2011.
During his tenure in Audit, Heng Sing specialized in the audit of public listed companies and multinationals from various industries including manufacturing, construction, plantation, automotive, poultry, and financial institutions. In Transaction Services, he has worked on due diligence engagements for private equity firms, corporate investors, government agencies, and government-linked companies. His due diligence experience covers financial, commercial and operational.
Among his notable engagements include:
- Assisted a leading technology company in their acquisition of various start-up companies, which included e-payment companies, online-to-offline e-commerce platforms, bicycle sharing company, and online grocery and delivery company;
- Assisted a private equity fund in the acquisition of various retail chains in Malaysia, which included pharmacies, budget stores, and specialty stores;
- Assisted the management of a leading global hamburger fast food chain in their proposed divestment of franchise rights in Malaysia and Singapore;
- Assisted a sovereign wealth fund in the market study and assessment of the online photo printing industry;
- Assisted a local investment bank in the development of an external advisors’ manual covering the general process of work performed by reporting accountants, due diligence advisors, and tax advisors.