|Contact us to know more|
Design thinking could be described as a human-centric, structured creative approach to problem solving that leads to solutions that might work better for people.
By adopting design thinking principles, sales and marketing professionals can better understand human needs and uncover more significant opportunities that may add value for customers and for business too. When it comes to sales and marketing, the approach of design thinking that you should adopt is being customer-centric.
Design thinking can be applied to complex problems that are difficult to decipher. Design thinking gives you a new set of tools, which you can use to design excellent strategies, processes and innovative solutions to attract and create good prospects, which is likely to have a positive impact on brand and business.
KPMG in India’s Design Thinking Masterclass for Sales and Marketing equips participants with the methodology and tools of design thinking and helps them:
- Utilise these tools effectively to solve complex sales and marketing-related problems and challenges
- Perform hands-on activities that facilitate understanding of the ‘design thinking mindset’
- Understand core concepts of design thinking such as empathy, brainstorming, prototyping and storytelling.
Module 1 - Introduction: Learn about design thinking and designers, design principles, design thinking and other methods
Module 2 - Design thinking strategy and capability: Build design thinking strategy and capability (structure, culture, skills, process) in an organisation to define the organisation’s design journey
Module 3 - Explore: Understand the customer, various touch-points, discover challenges, interpret through empathy study, understand various tools of empathy study and perform risk assessment
Module 4 - Ideate: Generate ideas, shortlist a workable solution
Module 5 - Create: Develop prototypes of a big idea, get constructive feedback
Who should attend?
This course can be attended by all sales and marketing professionals who want to transform their approach and develop a human-centered, creative problem-solving mindset.
What is in it for you?
After successfully completing the course, participants should be able to:
- Apply design thinking concepts in various sales and marketing scenarios
- Work in a team to visualise and design a possible new service/experience and assess the market, business and merits/demerits of the concept
- Listen to the end users and different stakeholders; empathise to understand hidden/latent needs
- Learn effectively with instructor-facilitated methods and tools, which include case studies, individual and group assignments, spot quizzes, field visits, warm ups, icebreakers, videos and role plays.
Participants will also be awarded with a certificate of participation by KPMG in India. Certificates will be issued within 30 days of successful completion of the course.
- Two-day, classroom-based training
Type of batches offered
- Mumbai (Training can be conducted at any location across the country provided a minimum number of participants is present). Global locations on a need basis.
The progress of each individual is monitored by our instructors through multiple components such as case studies, quizzes and class participation.
Minimum requirements to complete the course are as follows:
- Attend the two-day Design Thinking Masterclass for sales and marketing professionals
|For retail, corporate and institution enquiries, contact:|
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Q1. Who will issue the certificate?
A: A participation certificate will be issued by KPMG in India to participants if they meet the overall requirements of the course. Please refer to the requirements mentioned under the pedagogy and certification section.
Q2. Where can I find learning material to support my studies?
A: All pre-reading and learning material will be provided to you during the Master Class.
Q3. Is there a qualification criteria to attend this course?
A: No. The training can be attended by everyone who is interested in design thinking.