Design thinking is a structured methodology used by designers to develop and deliver products, services and experiences that address latent human needs. By adopting design thinking principles, businesses can develop low cost working prototypes for various needs and test them in real time. Design thinking can be applied to complex problems that are difficult to decipher. Using design thinking, organisations could transform their cultures to become more innovative, which is likely to have a positive impact on their top line and bottom line.
KPMG in India’s design thinking practitioners’ virtual workshop equips participants with the methodology and tools of design thinking and helps them:
- Utilise these tools effectively to solve wicked/complex problems
- Perform hands-on activities that facilitate understanding of the design thinking mindset
- Understand core concepts of design thinking i.e. empathy, brainstorming, prototyping and storytelling.
Principle of Design Thinking
Unlock new possibilities through Design Thinking
KPMG in India’s unique learning proposition
Introducing design thinking
- Understanding design and design thinking
- Design mindset
- Secret ingredients of Design Thinking
- Application stories.
Strategy and Capability
- Design driven organisation strategy
- Design for experience, process, organisation, culture
- Convergent, divergent journey
- Design thinking vs. others (Agile, Waterfall, Lean etc.)
- Identify and dissect design challenge
- Design project setup
- Identify users and stakeholders
- Empathy methods
- Insights and frame opportunities
- Generate disruptive ideas
- Refine ideas
- Ideation rules, methods, and technologies
- Prototyping methods
- Testing with users
- Gathering feedback
- Products, services & experiences lifecycle
- Business model design
- Design economics
- Business story telling
- Sustain designs
What is in it for you?
After successfully completing the course, participants should be able to:
- Apply Design Thinking concept as a way of life
- Work in a team to visualise and design a possible new product or service and assess the market, business and technical merits/demerits of the concept
- Listen to the customer — empathise to understand hidden/latent needs
- Evaluate financial viability of a new product or service
- Measure risks involved in design assessments
- Learn effectively with instructor-facilitated methods and tools which include case studies, individual and group assignments, spot quizzes, field visits, warm-ups, icebreakers, videos and role plays.
Participants will also be awarded with a certification of completion by KPMG in India. Certificates will be issued within 30 days of successful completion of the course.
Course details Duration
- Five weeks online live teaching.
- Nine live teaching sessions.
- Group assignments and capstone project
Type of batches offered
- KPMG approved virtual platform
The progress of each individual is monitored by our instructors through multiple components such as case studies, quizzes and class participation.
Minimum requirements to complete the course are as follows:
- Participants should have 80% attendance
- Finish all individual assignments and capstone project.
22 February 2022 - 23 March 2022
|Rs 29,000 + GST
|For retail, corporate and institution enquiries, contact:|
Training can be conducted at any location across the country provided a minimum number of participants are present
- Early bird discounts
- Group discounts.