Organisations rely on technology and IT services, but the trust placed in technology is constantly under threat. Data privacy, cyber-security, cloud implementation and third-party assurance, along with ageing IT infrastructure and applications all pose challenges for business continuity.
These new and evolving IT risks must be addressed by well-designed and carefully implemented controls. This is crucial to minimise the risk of regulatory failures, negative reputational impact, financial losses and loss of critical services.
How we can help
We work with you to understand and manage risks in your existing IT services, as well as helping to avoid pitfalls when adopting new technologies. Our team help keep information assets secure and ensure that your systems and controls are operating effectively. As technology evolves, we continue to invest in new services, skills and control frameworks.
We help organisations assess, manage and optimise information technology risk across a range of areas, including:
- IT Internal Audit and IT SOx compliance.
- IT Control Design and Implementation.
- Technology Risk and Compliance including:
- IT Risk and Control and Regulatory/Standard Gap Analysis and assessments (EBA, CBI, ISO 27001/2 etc.)
- IT System Security Risk Assessment.
- Implementation & Remediation for IT Control Frameworks.
- IT Risk Management Framework Target Operating Model and Remediation.
- GRC Technology and Controls Integration including:
- ERP Services across: Assurance, Remediation, Implementation & Monitoring.
- E-GRC Solutions (e.g. ERP Maestro, SAP GRC etc.).
- IT Attestation including SOC 1, SOC 2 and SOC for Cyber Security.
- Emerging Technology:
- Cloud Control Assurance.
- Cloud Governance and Controls Framework.
- Intelligent Automation (AI & RPA).
- IT Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC)/and Controls Integration.
What's in it for you?
- Proactively review and reduce your risks around the use of IT.
- Measure the effectiveness of your IT environment against best practice frameworks and benchmark your performance against peer organisations.
- Demonstrate compliance with standards such as, ISAE 3402 and ISO 27001 and completion of Service Organisation Control Reports Type I and Type II for your customers, your auditors, the board etc.
- Significantly reduce the risk of costly and damaging IT security / data privacy and protection breaches.
- Have greater confidence in your investment in ERP systems through the implementation of better IT general controls, automated business process controls and IT security controls.
At KPMG we focus on the business impact of technology rather than systems implementation. As a result, our advice is geared to the specific needs of each client.
KPMG’s Technology Risk team can help you manage your risks. Our team brings awareness to the boardroom whilst helping keep information assets secure, systems functioning and controls operating effectively.
Our team - get in touch
Head of Risk & Regulatory
KPMG in Ireland