Lisa is an experienced management side employment, labour and human rights lawyer, whose practice focuses on all matters relating to employee relations. Lisa works with a diverse array of clients across all industries, from start-ups and family businesses to large cap public or private sector employees and companies.
Lisa provides her clients with advice on a broad range of employment, labour relations and human rights issues such as collective agreement interpretation and negotiation, collective bargaining, employee discipline and terminations, wrongful dismissal claims, health and safety issues, harassment claims, workplace policies, workplace investigations and provides clients with day-to-day legal advice.
Professional and Industry Experience
- Acted for a global logistics services provider in the timely negotiation of three collective agreements
- Acted for an international automotive manufacturer seeking an injunction against union employees
- Acted for a subsidiary of one of the largest international software development companies to successfully defend against an alleged constructive dismissal
- Acted for a national consumer products company in arbitration, further to which the just cause termination of an employee was upheld
Human Rights Law
- Acted for numerous respondents, and entities within the public and health care sectors in defending against claims of discrimination
Labour law, Employment law, Human Rights law
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Author: Ontario Litigator's Guide to Human Rights Practice (Cabel: Litner) LexisNexis Canada. (November 2017)
- Co-Author: Legal update 1753: Coming soon to federally regulated employers: robust, proactive pay equity legislation. (Cabel, Erickson & Jensen 2018)
- "Recent Trends and Topics in Employment Law," Oracle Canada ULC, October 2018.
- "Defining Just Cause, Employment Law Fundamentals Conference," Ontario Bar Association, October 2017.
- "Mental Health and Accommodation – What you need to know," HRD Employment Law Masterclass, September 2017.
- Board of Directors, the Breakfast Club of Canada