In the News
In the News
Stay connected and in the know with what is taking a place with KPMG in Bermuda.
- Jackson & Bridgewater Earn Scholarships - Charlie Jackson earned the 2022 KPMG Scholarship and Makeda Bridgewater earned the Frontier Scholarship, with KPMG noting they “impressed the firm’s Scholarship Committee and demonstrated their values of Excellence and Courage capabilities across all facets of our selection criteria and in the face of strong competition from other very talented applicants.”
- Charlie Jackson and Makeda Bridgewater named KPMG Scholars - Accounting students Charlie Jackson and Makeda Bridgewater are the recipients of scholarships from KPMG in Bermuda.
- KPMG surveys pandemic recovery and growth for small islands - A new report from KPMG said island governments were developing new or refreshed national economic strategies to get their countries on the right track after being hard hit by the pandemic.
- Seventy KPMG staff pitch in to help young people’s charity - A young people’s charity got a new look yesterday after a team of volunteers from an auditing firm rolled up their sleeves to help out.
- KPMG Helps Out Teen Haven for Annual Make a Difference Day - KPMG held their first Make-A-Difference day since the Coronavirus pandemic. Around 70 employees came out today to clean, landscape and paint the inside and outside of the upper level of Teen Haven in Pembroke.
- CARIF 2022 - Tourism bounce-back on the agenda at upcoming CARIF
- Investment challenge students take a loss but are still winners: Twenty one teams from ten schools took part in the annual event. The challenge was to invest $100,000 in a virtual stock market that mirrored the real one.
- Setting sustainability goals for island countries - KPMG aims to be carbon neutral by 2030 with the use of renewable energy being the driving force behind that.
- KPMG school challenge begins its last month - The last month of the KPMG 17th Annual Senior School Investment Challenge finds the BHS team Business of Babylon strongly at the top of the leaderboard, after earlier leaders (DollaBillz2024 from Bermuda Institute) suffered a tumble in the past two months.
- KPMG reports on its community impact: KPMG gave $1.25 million to the community and contributed 1,226 community service hours to local charities in 2021.
- KPMG Releases 2021 Impact Report: KPMG has released its Impact Report highlighting their corporate citizenship efforts including “over $1.25 million in financial giving and 1,226 community service hours in 2021.”
- KPMG Bermuda names James Berry as CEO: Financial advisory firm, KPMG has appointed James Berry as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in Bermuda, after the company announced the sale of its restructuring practice to Teneo.
- Mark Allitt has been promoted to head of advisory and regional insurance sector leader at KPMG in Bermuda: Mark has worked on insurance and reinsurance engagements in over 56 countries and focuses mainly on insurance solutions for global insurance, reinsurance and captive industries.
- KPMG sells restructuring practice to Teneo, Berry new CEO: KPMG in Bermuda has sold its restructuring practice to Teneo, the New York-headquartered global CEO advisory firm.
- KPMG: Restructuring Practice Sale & New CEO: KPMG in Bermuda today announced the sale of its restructuring practice to Teneo, and also announced that James Berry will become KPMG in Bermuda’s CEO effective immediately.
- KPMG Appoints Linklater & Balasubramani: KPMG has added two new tax directors: Robin Linklater and Saravanan Balasubramani.
- KPMG Investment Challenge drives to exciting conclusion: The BHS team, Business of Babylon, has begun to put the squeeze on the leaders, the Bermuda Institute team of DollaBillz2024.
- Bermuda Risk Summit - The Bermuda Business Development Agency [BDA] announced that additional international speakers and partners will participate in Bermuda’s first major in-person risk event since 2019, the Bermuda Risk Summit being held March 14-16, 2022.
- Navigate Series: In this episode of Royal Gazette's Navigate series, with Head of Tax, Will McCallum, we learn what is the global minimum tax agreement and what will it mean for Bermuda? Will Bermuda become a less attractive hub for international businesses in the future? Listen in to learn more!
- KPMG Hackathon Set For February 26 & 27 - KPMG announces their global Youth Empowerment AI Hackathon supported by Microsoft, Enactus and UNESCO, will take place February 26-27, 2022. It is being organized within the framework of UNESCO’s Global Education Coalition and launched as a response to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
- Business leaders address the future and key trends - The Institute of Directors Bermuda will kick off its 2022 professional development programme with the in-depth panel discussion titled What Directors Need to Know for the Year to Come.
- WOW hopes ownership bid will be lifeline - A bidder for troubled cable television provider World on Wireless Limited has emerged which may prevent the company from going out of business. Following a winding up petition the company filed at the Supreme Court, Michael Morrison and Charles Thresh of KPMG Advisory Limited were appointed as Joint Provisional Liquidators (JPL).
© 2022 KPMG, a group of Bermuda limited liability companies and a member firm of the KPMG global organization of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a private English company limited by guarantee. All rights reserved.
For more detail about the structure of the KPMG global organization please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.
The information contained herein is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavour to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act on such information without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of the particular situation.