KPMG now offers live virtual training to fit the new realities of remote work via Microsoft Teams. You do not need a Teams account to join any of the sessions.
With many employees continuing to work from home at least part of the time, KPMG in Bermuda has developed virtual training experiences as a new way to offer our courses to companies.
We are providing training opportunities in the form of virtual public open-enrollment courses delivered to employees from different companies. Like all the courses we’ve offered in the past, our virtual sessions will impart the skills people require for real-work situations.
If you would like to take part in any of our courses please contact: Barbara Dill either via email at email@example.com or via telephone at +1 441 295 5063.
Eight course titles:
Writing email for results
March 23, 2021 | 9:30am -12:00pm
- Being clear, concise and correct by:
- capturing the attention of the “skip-and-scan” reader;
- creating the right subject line;
- writing with a professional, yet approachable, style;
- proofreading perfectly; and
- following rules for appropriate workplace messaging.
Communicating with impact
April 13, 2021 | 9:30 am – 12:00pm
Getting information and ideas across clearly by:
- structuring what you say;
- explaining benefits and value;
- telling stories to bring ideas to life;
- applying a template for communicating change; and
- bridging from questions to answers.
Coaching for high performance: tips and techniques
March 25, 2021 | 9:30am -12:00pm
- Enhance your abilities to skillfully coach by:
- knowing what it means to be both a leader and a coach
- having a coaching culture inside your organization
- practicing the "adaptive coaching" technique
- identifying the "must knows" for coaching across generations
- asking powerful questions throughout a coaching session.
Having difficult conversations that gain positive outcomes
April 15, 2021 | 9:30 am – 12:00pm
Gaining positive outcomes through:
- turning difficult conversations into problem-solving discussions;
- exploring different viewpoints;
- key communication skills: listening, speaking like
- a diplomat, being direct but not blunt;
- explaining the bigger-impact picture; and
- responding to accusations.
The rising female leader
March 30 and April 1, 2021 | 9:30 am – 12:00pm
Tips and approaches for women to achieve lasting professional success by:
- moving from being achievers to leaders;
- understanding the issues and problems women face in the workplace;
- seeing what some organisations have done to develop their rising female leaders;
- developing personal approaches to empower yourself, your team members and your organisation;
- being a mentor, sponsor and ambassador; and
- creating a clear career development plan.
Managing time and working productively
April 20, 2022 | 9:30 am – 12:00pm
- Working smarter and reducing stress through:
- tips and techniques for getting things done;
- overcoming procrastination;
- managing your energy;
- dealing with multi-tasking; and
- techniques for productively working from home.
Advanced approaches for coaching individuals and teams
April 8, 2021 | 9:30 am – 12:00pm
You will learn advanced ways to lend support to employees and teams, improve their skills, help them see their blind spots and create accountability through:
- understanding the difference between coaching individuals and teams;
- coaching with tactics that use employee strengths to address specific issues and challenges;
- identifying goal setting strategies that motivate;
- listening effectively as a coach;
- asking intentional high-leverage quality questions;
- recognising common coaching challenges; and
- identifying important guidelines to provide feedback.
Presenting and pitching remotely
April 22, 2021 | 9:30 am – 12:00pm
Whether you are pitching within your company or to outside clients, you’ll learn how to present in ways that take advantage of virtual technology by:
- building rapport and connecting with your virtual audience;
- making clear, concise messages your top priority;
- being more aware of your virtual presentation style;
- anticipating questions and making your answers interactive;
- creating collaborative conversations virtually;
- avoiding talking too much; and
- explaining financials (and other numbers) with the right amount of detail.