Himad is a Managing Director within the Insurance Practice for KPMG in Bermuda. Himad joined the KPMG insurance group in 2006 and was promoted to Managing Director in 2018. Himad has more than 10 years of experience in the reinsurance industry and more than eight years of experience leading audits of SEC registrants.
Himad works with a broad range of insurers and reinsurers including SEC registrants, small to mid-sized property/casualty and life insurance companies. Has over 10 years of experience working within the Insurance/Reinsurance Sector.
- He has worked on IFRS conversion projects for clients and has extensive experience with both US GAAP and IFRS as they apply to Insurance/Reinsurance entities (P&C and Life).
- Within the life insurance sector, worked with companies dealing in a variety of products including term life, universal life, variable life, fixed annuities, variable annuities and equity indexed annuities.
- Member of the Firm’s Technical Committee.
- Significant experience in working with clients with reference to SOX and Internal Control Environments.
- Acquisition accounting transaction for SEC Registrants.
Other responsibilities, industry affiliations
Member of BILTIR’s Financial Reporting Committee.