Prior to joining the Bermuda office in 2008, Richard was employed as an audit supervisor with another large accounting and auditing firm in Port Elizabeth, South Africa where he gained audit experience in the Retail, Manufacturing and Hospitality industries.
Richard is a Director in the Deal Advisory practice with KPMG in Bermuda, managing a diverse portfolio of Deal Advisory engagements across a number of industry sectors.
Richard specialises in corporate valuations, mergers and acquisitions, financial modeling, restructuring and developing business plans.
He has worked across industries focusing on valuations, buy and sell side transaction services. Some of his recent work include:
- Buy-side assistance on several transactions for multi-national corporations, in the fund services and asset management space, including valuation services, commercial due diligence, financial due diligence, as well as managing and coordinating operational, I.T., and regulatory due diligence;
- Valuation related services and advice in connection with the privatisation of a publically listed provider of support vehicles to the offshore oil and gas industry;
- Valuation related services and advice in connection with the merger of two telecommunications companies in the context of a minority squeeze-out;
- Valuation of a commercial re-insurer and a mutual insurer in connection with a transfer of ownership between related entities;
- Audit support services in relation to the valuation of portfolio companies for various funds and investment holding companies;
- Financial modelling of impact of implementation of a progressive payroll tax system; and
- Sell side services for a variety of local companies across sectors including: advertising; security; and insurance intermediaries.
Richard has worked for a wide variety of international and local clients with respect to their Bermuda interests, acting as lead engagement manager in a range of sectors, including insurance, investment management, telecommunications, trusts, fund administration, consumer products, and local business.