Internal Audit (IA) has moved well beyond its traditional role and has become increasingly involved in top-level decision making, protecting the organization against risk, and improving control systems. The IA also focuses on activities that help the organization create value.
How can we help?
KPMG works with internal audit directors and audit committees to develop a quality internal audit function that delivers strategic business assurance, identifies business opportunities and enhances organizational value. Our member firms' services include:
- Evaluating, documenting and improving internal audit functions and providing co-sourcing and outsourcing services
- Deploying continuous auditing/monitoring techniques
- Designing, executing and advising on the use of enterprise risk management
- Ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and equivalent regulations
- Rationalizing monitoring functions and governance practices.
KPMG's IA services can help organizations manage internal audit costs by:
- Reducing costs and drive value through improved quality and service
- Providing access to professionals with specific skill sets and knowledge that are used on an "as needed" basis – the company is therefore not required to bear the fully-loaded annual payroll costs
- Converting fixed costs to variable costs, providing additional flexibility to adjust to changing business needs
- Providing the scalability and flexibility to adapt to ever-changing and emerging risks
- Providing a fresh perspective and an added level of scrutiny
- Providing access to professionals who can provide additional value in the audit process through their technical skills (IT, forensic, treasury, risk management, procurement, etc.) and industry knowledge