KPMG’s South African Sustainability practise helps clients to develop future-fit business strategies based in sold understanding of the issues. We strive to think big and challenge convention.
We offer services within in following areas:
- Assurance: Obtaining external assurance demonstrates a commitment to providing stakeholders with confidence in the quality of externally reported carbon information. Assurance of data can also assist companies in embedding good reporting practices and driving internal performance improvements.
- KPMG True Value: This is a tool to understand how the value a business creates and reduces for society is likely to affect the value it creates for shareholders. This knowledge provides a new lens for decision-making to improve performance, inform strategy and increase influence.
- Strategic Social Investment Advisory: The Strategic Social Investments (SSI) team works with clients to optimize the impact of socio-economic and environmental activities by assisting clients to strengthen their entire social investment process from strategy and governance, implementation, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), through to reporting and assurance.
- Sustainability reporting: Purpose built reporting not only enables businesses to make informed timely decisions but also ensures that underlying processes are fit for purpose through better business reporting. Our emphasis is not on the report itself as this should merely be one of the outcomes of a dynamic sustainability management process.
- ESG Risk & Response: Businesses face a diverse range of regulatory and legal, social, physical, commercial and reputational risks in an interconnected global economy and a rapidly evolving ESG landscape. We have extensive experience working with businesses across the maturity curve of ESG risk and response management.
- Environmental performance, reporting and compliance management: We help our client to improve their operating environment and to provide confidence over business decisions, which often affect not only the internal business environment but also the surrounding livelihood of communities.