KPMG member firms listen and work closely with you, combining professional expertise with deal knowledge and experience. KPMG professionals use all the technology and other resources at their disposal to help ensure effective collaboration, while building face-toface relationships with clients.
- Tax due diligence: identifying the tax exposure of a deal and how it may be mitigated, with a clear focus on risk assessment
- Structuring an acquisition or disposition: advice on the tax consequences of individual acquisitions, joint ventures and divestments to help design tax-efficient deal structures
- Contract assistance: helping the legal advisors in reviewing agreements to reduce the risk of unexpected tax exposures and help determine if tax issues arising from the due diligence report are accurately represented
- Tax modeling: assistance in modeling the tax effects of transactions, including assisting in tracking the cash and non-cash steps in fund flow
- Vendor assistance: preparation of vendor side documentation and tax advice on the tax implications of the sale of a business, including pre-deal reorganization measures and settlement of historic tax risks
- Acquisition cost recovery analysis: analyzing associated deals (deduction versus depreciation) to help mitigate the after-tax deal costs
- Post-deal integration: helping tax leaders reconcile their own tax positions and those of the acquired businesses as well as capturing the synergies.
How we can support you
Our Deal Advisory and M&A Tax professionals leverage professionals from different service areas throughout KPMG’s global network to help clients understand processes, avoid pitfalls and seize opportunities related to deals.
We understand the practical impacts of tax developments from one country to the next and when they spot opportunities, and know how to act on them to benefit organizations and their stakeholders.
How can we support your organization? Connect with us.
Connect with us
Subscribe to Future of Tax
Future of Tax updates straight to your inbox.
Head of Transactions for Asset Management, Tax & Legal KPMG International
Follow us on LinkedIn
View daily content on our LinkedIn showcase page.
Throughout this webpage, “we”, “KPMG”, “us” and “our” refer to the network of independent member firms operating under the KPMG name and affiliated with KPMG International or to one or more of these firms or to KPMG International. KPMG International provides no client services. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm.