All companies, whatever their size and sector of activity, have systematically benefited from the following measures:
- The extension of SI declarations until the end of May 2020, with the exception of companies subject to the SI rate of 35%.
- The suspension of all control operations and all deadlines related to tax audit procedures and deadlines for objections until the end of May 2020.
- The reduction of the time limits for the removal of the tax credit is to be achieved by increasing the frequency of meetings of the Commission (for the consideration of requests for removal) from a fortnightly to weekly basis. Payment shall be made within a period of no more than one month.
- The revaluation of built and unbuilt property on the basis of its actual value and the exemption from capital gains tax on the revaluation of property held for sale.
- The cancellation of penalties for companies with public procurement contracts for a maximum period of 6 months.
Tax measures for the most affected companies
- The phrase "undertakings affected by the impact of the virus" will be defined by government decree after consultation with representatives of the Government's ‘President's Office’.
- The most successful companies are allowed to take advantage of the following opportunities:
- The staggering of their tax and customs debts for a maximum period of 7 years.
- The suspension of penalties and delays in the payment of tax for a period of three months from April 1 to June 30, 2020.
- The deferral of payment of NSSO contributions (for the second and third quarters) lasts for three months (excluding the first quarter due on 15 or 25 April).
- Simplification of the procedures for refunding the VAT credit from the farm by removing the condition of continuity for a period of 6 months. Payment will be made within a maximum of one month.
- With the exception of the certificate of purchase and the certificate of suspension of tax and other tax certificates, which may be obtained at any time without the presentation of the necessary documents, provided that they are submitted at a later date.
The tax measures for companies that are entirely export-oriented
- As an exception and only once in the 2020 financial year, companies that are all exporters can benefit from the authorization to sell their goods on the local market within the following new limits:
- For companies that are entirely exporters operating in the agri-food and health sectors: the percentage of 30% is increased to 100%.
- For the other companies, which are all exporters, the percentage of sales on the local market increased from 30% to 50%.
Additional information regarding employment-related measures, economic stimulus measures and other meausers.