New rules related to entering the territory of Hungary:
- The new Government decree effective as of 1 September 2020 laid down the rules for restrictions in case of travel to Hungary („Travel restrictions”).
- Persons arriving from abroad to Hungary from non-business travels, such as
- Hungarian citizens and their relatives (e.g., wife, children);
- Persons entitled to stay permanently or for a period of more than 90 days in Hungary and their relatives;
- Athletes, sport professionals, who are members of a Hungarian sport club or delegates, invitees of a sport event
May be subject to mandatory health examinations when entering Hungary.
- In case of suspected infection, the person concerned must stay in quarantine at home or at a place designated for such purposes by the competent authorities. In this case employees, who must be in quarantine at home due to infection / suspected infection established by health examinations, qualifies as persons incapable of work and thus are entitled to sick pay.
- In the lack of suspected infection, the person concerned must stay in quarantine at home or at a place designated for such purposes by the competent authorities for 10 days. Persons having completed SARS-CoV-2 PCR test twice within 5 days and got negative results may be exempted from quarantine. In this case, employees, who must stay in home-quarantine for 10 days, do not qualify as persons incapable of work and thus are not entitled to sick pay. In such cases home office work, paid or unpaid leave may be an option for such employees..
- COVID-test complying with the professional rules of healthcare and the following conditions, it can be accepted as first COVID PCR test:
- it was carried out in any country belonging to the Schengen area or in the USA or in Canada, and
- the person concerned certifies its results by furnishing a document to that effect in Hungarian or English.
- From 22 September the term of quarantine has been reduced from 14 days to 10 days.
- The new supplementation of Government decree Nr. 217/1997. (XII. 1.) effective as of 15 August 2020 laid down the rules for restrictions in case of travel to Hungary („Travel restrictions”) from a country with a less severe or severe infection, which travel had unofficial purposes. The person for whom the authority ordered to go to quarantine at home, when entering the territory of Hungary, does not qualify as person incapable of work and thus are not entitled to sick pay. In such cases home office work, paid or unpaid leave may be an option for such employees
As of 4 November the State of Emergency was reintroduced. The Hungarian Government introduces further restrictions as of 11 November 2020 as follows:
- curfew will be in effect between 8 p.m. and 5.a.m except for commuting to or from work, and in extraordinary cases;
- all forms of assembly is prohibited.
- holding events are generally prohibited;
- 10 people as a maximum may take part in family gatherings and private events;
- weddings may be held only without a reception, in church and civil ceremony only those persons may participate whose presence is necessary for the ceremony, such as witnesses, parents, siblings;
- in funerals, maximum 50 person may be attended;
- all sporting events must take place behind closed doors, without spectators
RESTAURANTS, SHOPS, HOTELS, CRAFT SERVICE PROVIDERS:
- the restaurants shall be closed, only home delivery is permitted, factory canteens may remain open;
- shops, hairdressers and other craft service providers may be open until 7 p.m;
- hotels may host only guests arriving for business purposes, they may not host tourists
- while individual outdoor sporting activities are permitted, taking part in amateur team sport is prohibited;
- leisure facilities (fitness room, indoor swimming pool, museum, theatre, zoo) shall be closed
- higher education may operate only online, colleges, higher education colleges shall be closed;
- in secondary schools above 8th grade, digital education shall be in effect;
- nurseries, kindergartens, primary schools for children under age 14 remain open
As of 4 November the State of Emergency was reintroduced The Hungarian Government introduces further restrictions II. as of 11 November 2020:
HEALTH CARE MEASURES:
- hospital workers, school teachers, kindergarten’s and nursery’s workers should be tested on a weekly basis
SUPPORTVIE MEASURES OF STATE:
- upon the recommendation of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry the state reimburses hotels 80 % of the reservations made for the next 30 days until 8 November, provided that the employees’ employee relationship will not be terminated and they will receive their salary;
- restaurants, leisure facilities shall not pay social contributions after employees for 30 days. The state also covers half of the employees’ salary, provided that the employees’ employee relationship will not be terminated and they will receive their salary;
The Government introduces the restrictions for 30 days.