Hardship Fund (£5m)
- To be administered via Social Security to support those in greatest need who may not otherwise qualify for Income Support or Sickness Benefit. This will help the tourism, hospitality and construction sectors for example by enabling workers who have been laid off to secure short-term financial support so that they do not leave the future labor market.
Moorings fees for Commercial Fishermen
- To assist, the government have taken the decision to suspend fees for commercial fishermen who moor their vessels in St Peter Port and St Sampson harbors
- Guernsey Financial Services Commission providing extensions for key financial returns
- Returns to the Commission which would ordinarily require auditing (e.g. because they relate to a year end result) may be submitted in an unaudited form without a special concession being sought from the Commission.
- Those financial returns for insurers, insurance intermediaries and managers, investment firms, funds and fiduciaries which would require submission by the end of April 2020, may be submitted at any point before the end of May 2020 in unaudited form.
Guernsey Financial Services Commission has postponed routine supervisory visits to firms
- The Commission has reviewed its work plans for 2020 and will be cutting or delaying considerable amounts of industry-facing activity that does not directly relate to financial stability or consumer welfare. Consequently, all routine supervisory visits to firms will be postponed with effect from 21 March unless the Commission becomes aware of serious issues that require close scrutiny .
Main sources of information