Suspension or non-application of certain statutory terms
Until the state of emergency is lifted, certain statutory terms will cease to apply or enforcement proceedings will not be initiated, as follows:
- The limitation period for repayment of public liabilities will cease to run for the duration of the state of emergency. Until the state of emergency is lifted, the 10-year period for repayment of public claims does not apply.
- Enforcement proceedings under the Tax and Social Security Procedures Code will not be initiated except in special cases to which this prohibition does not apply (no prohibition is provided for the imposition of preliminary security measures in the course of tax control proceedings and for securing evidence in fiscal control).
- The enforcement on debtors' assets for public claims is suspended, but security measures may be imposed and the amounts received in the enforcement procedure may be distributed. Upon the request of the debtor, the enforcement measures may be initiated against its valuables in vaults, on its receivables and funds in banks.
- The limitation periods for the establishment of administrative offenses and for the payment of fines and sanctions are not extended and do not cease to run for the period of the state of emergency.
Preparation, signing and publication of the Annual Financial Statements for 2019 in accordance with the Accounting Act:
- The deadline for publication of the annual financial statements for 2019 is extended to 30 September 2020 and the deadline for filing of declaration for lack of activity is extended to 30 June 2020.
- The Act provides for the possibility to sign the annual financial statements for 2019 by means of an electronic signature under Article 13 of the Electronic Document and Electronic Certification Services Act on behalf of the legal representative of the enterprise, the preparer of the financial statements and the registered auditors who have performed an independent financial audit of the financial statements
Main sources of information: