The KPMG Guide to CCCTB
The KPMG Guide to CCCTB
Despite the political and technical obstacles, the EU Commission’s CCCTB initiative remains a serious proposal. This is all the more so in the current tax climate where business growth and fair tax practices are both in the spotlight. The 2016 relaunch of the 2011 proposal demonstrates the commitment of the Commission to drive this initiative through. Businesses throughout the EU will need to monitor the progress of the proposals and anticipate their potential impact. Much of the 2011 proposal still lies at the heart of the new proposals making the original KPMG guide to CCCTB (which, for example, already anticipated a separate CCTB system) an essential tool for understanding the technical content. Details and comment on the new proposals will be added periodically.
Special Updates from the EU Tax Centre
We will be supplementing Parts 1-3 of the guide over time with special updates from the EU Tax Centre as the relaunched proposal takes further shape.
- July 13, 2017 – The designated European Parliament rapporteurs have released draft reports on the CCTB and CCCTB proposals.
- January 17, 2017 - Seven Member States have issued Reasoned Opinions on the Principles of Subsidiarity and Proportionality with regard to the Proposal for a Council Directive on a C(C)CTB. The Dutch Senate and the Swedish Parliament have also submitted Reasoned Opinions on the Proposal for ATAD II.
Malta, United Kingdom (late), Ireland, the Netherlands (PDF 115 KB), Denmark, Luxembourg (PDF 39 KB) and Sweden (CCCTB and CCTB (PDF 2.3MB) )
The aggregate amount of votes does not give rise to the one-third required for the Commission to reconsider the CCCTB and CCTB proposals and therefore work on the proposals is likely to continue as planned.
- August 4, 2016 - KPMG responds to EU Commission’s public consultation on the Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base (CCCTB)
- October 8, 2015 - Public consultation launched on CCCTB (PDF 278 KB)
- April 19, 2012 - Special CCCTB Update – vote in European Parliament (PDF 49 KB)
- December 22, 2011 - Special CCCTB Update (PDF 54 KB)
Documents and resources
Proposal on Common Tax Base
- 2016 proposal on Common Tax Base
Proposal on consolidation
- 2016 proposal on consolidation
- 2016 impact assessment
- Impact assessment summary
- Explanatory Notes for Presidency compromise draft text of CCCTB directive (PDF 478 KB) (19 November 2014)
- Presidency compromise draft text of CCCTB directive (PDF 590 KB) (19 November 2014)