Pat is a Partner at KPMG China, the Head of ESG practice in Hong Kong and the Global Co-Chair for Sustainable Finance. He also leads the Sustainable Finance practice in Hong Kong and is very active in developing the ESG landscape for Hong Kong and international financial centres in the region.
Pat has been active for over 16 years in the field of sustainable development. In his previous capacity as a director at Central Textiles, through his leadership, Central Textiles was the first textile company in Asia to issue a Sustainability Report under the Global Reporting Initiatives (“GRI”) Guidelines in 2008. The report subsequently received an award from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (“ACCA”).
Through his initiatives Central Textiles subsequently won the Gold Award for the Hang Seng Pearl River Delta Environmental Award in 2012 and the Gold Award for Hong Kong Award for Environmental Excellence (“HKAEE”) – Manufacturing Sector in 2013, he also helped KPMG win the HKAEE Gold Award–Service and Trading Sector in 2019.
Since 2018, Pat has chaired two working groups on the development of ESG strategy for Hong Kong for the Financial Services Development Council. The working groups have issued 2 policy papers during his term and the recommendations made aiming to catalyse the development of the sustainable finance market in Hong Kong have been well received. He is also a member of the steering group on developing green finance for the Greater Bay Area.
He holds many different roles in the sustainability field, such as:
- Member of New Business Committee, Financial Services Development Council
- Chair of the Environmental and Energy Committee, British Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Greater Bay Area green finance working group, Financial Services Development Council
- Representative of KPMG, founding member, Hong Kong Green Finance Association
- Member of United Nations Economic & Social Commission for Asia Pacific (“UNESCAP”) and their Sustainable Business Network Task Force on Banking and Finance
- Member of Sustainability Committee, Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
BSc Imperial College, London
Member of HKICPA
Member of ACCA