Jacob has substantial experience leading a variety of complex technology efforts with and on behalf of his clients – in particular digital identity transformations for customer and consumer experience. His industry experience includes high tech, telecommunications, consumer products, higher education and healthcare. Jacob has developed deep industry skills in life sciences and financial services through multi-year relationships with companies such as Genentech, Gilead, and several US financial services and insurance companies.
Select Cyber Security Projects
- Lead the strategy, design and implementation of a next generation global customer identity platform driven as a part of a large technology clients larger business and digital transformation agenda. This initiative is key in enabling the business model transformation to subscription recruiting revenue and the customer success and support models.
- Lead a cyber security maturity assessment and roadmap for a mid size insurance company in order to validate the cyber security strategy, maturity and capabilities for executive leadership and the board.
- Directed enterprise access governance strategy, planning and roadmap for an investment manager. This initiative included budgetary pricing and capability implementation roadmap, as well as technology tool validation.
- Directed consumer identity management planning, strategy and implementation for quick service restaurant chain. This initiative included all aspects of web and mobile identity, with a particular emphasis on all aspects of security, with consumer information protection and experience at the solution forefront.
- Directed multiple identity and access governance implementation projects. Project areas of focus include full user identity lifecycle: access request, access provisioning, and access attestation and certification.
- Directed multiple access governance and role based access control strategy and analysis projects, resulting in RBAC strategy and recommendations.
- Directed multiple identity management technology migrations using SailPoint Technologies and Oracle product stacks.
- Led implementation of telecommunications network subscriber authentication systems used by billing and application resources.
- Led implementation of consumer authentication and profile platform for Fortune 200 insurance company. This platform is the core to customer interaction, both from the consumer side and the customer service side.
Select IT / Technology Projects
- Led implementation teams in design and implementation of high performance telecommunications network messaging platforms integrated with unified communications systems.
- Led design and implementation teams in enterprise and consumer web portal solutions, for use in enterprise employee use cases and customer service and relationship platforms.
Jacob’s technical expertise in the security space is focused on the design and implementation of enterprise security architectures, including identity management products and architectures, data protection solutions, and security infrastructure components. Jacob has significant experience in broader IT domains such as messaging, storage and server architectures, network design, architecture planning, and custom systems development.