Creating and setting up a new joint venture or business combination requires specialized skills.
Setting up a new joint venture or business combination requires specialized skills.
Employing a global mindset, KPMG’s integrated team of specialists supports you through the life cycle of a joint venture or alliance, giving you our global best in quality and reliable service from creation to exit.
Creating and setting up a new joint venture or business combination requires specialized skills. KPMG’s joint venture experts can support you from pre-deal strategy through to implementation and governance as you:
Our specialists help you ask and answer the key questions with confidence through the critical stages from planning to operation.
Understanding the strategy: What are the key objectives for a partnership?
• Develop a strategy and then determine if a partnership is the best way to achieve your goals.
Options appraisal: Where and how should I partner?
• Target the right markets by analyzing market opportunity and identifying potential partners.
Opportunity evaluation: What are the risks and rewards?
• Identify the best way to create value and the key success criteria. A thorough evaluation process will prepare forecasts, build business models, evaluate the risks and document the investment case.
Partnership design: What does the partnership need to succeed?
• Design a practical operating model, legal structure, governance framework, value principles and exit strategy.
Deal execution: How can I negotiate the best deal?
• Develop an effective and efficient deal process. Support your negotiations by drafting key documentation and testing partnership scenarios to increase protection and value.
Plan implementation: How can I plan for a successful implementation?
• Ensure efficient governance and monitoring, synergy deliverance and an effective transition with a practical implementation plan.
Powering up: Am I delivering a successful partnership?
• Prioritize issues, particularly cultural ones, and resolve them in a timely and effective manner. Tracking progress and identifying issues early will help you power up successfully.
Deliver, optimize or exit are stages of the life cycle that a joint venture may go through with significant challenges.
In some situations, the best option may be to exit the joint venture. Using a non-traditional, tailored approach to meet your needs, our globally experienced joint venture practitioners can help to preserve maximum value at this critical point of the life cycle. Whether you’re evaluating the risks and rewards of a potential opportunity, identifying potential issues or executing the deal, we give you confidence from creation to exit.