IESC – the International Executive Service Corps – is a U.S.-based nonprofit that seeks private enterprise solutions to problems of poverty in developing countries and around the world. By providing a mix of technical assistance and volunteer expert support, IESC works with emerging industries, financial institutions, and governments to stabilize economic environments, increase opportunity, and promote growth. We have completed over 25,5000 projects in more than 130 countries worldwide.
Duties and responsibilities
KPMG is seeking a Project Manager to work on the USAID-funded Linkages for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (LinkSME) Activity project in Vietnam. This five-year Activity links Vietnamese SMEs with foreign firms already operating in and exporting from Vietnam in order to integrate SMEs into the global value chain and accelerate domestic SME growth. The LinkSME Activity will create systemic changes in business relationships between Vietnamese SMEs and foreign firms, as well as significant increases in the quantity and/or quality of business linkages between Vietnamese SMEs and foreign firms.
- Under the direction of the Project Director, contribute to the design and implementation of the foreign firm outreach and linkage strategy, help to determine foreign readiness to engage in commercial contracts with Vietnamese suppliers, and convince foreign firms on the value LinkSME will provide;
- Define the needs of foreign firms and work closely with SME Linkage Mangers to introduce efficient sourcing and quality management approaches for SMEs tailored towards meeting FF requirements;
- Contribute to the dissemination of information on foreign firm requirements to Vietnamese enterprises via SME business forums and LinkSME roundtable initiatives;
- Participate in knowledge forums and training modules for SME suppliers regarding commercial agreements that adhere to Vietnamese law, foreign firm requirements, and, as applicable, governing trade agreements;
- Assist with the identification and documentation of business challenges and constraints related to foreign firms entering into and expanding contractual agreements with Vietnamese SME suppliers;
- Work will the MEL Officers to facilitate data collection and reporting from foreign firms on SME-foreign firm linkages and commercial contracting;
- Assist the MEL Officers in data analysis, learning, and adaptation of Activity interventions as needed;
- Draft or contribute to project reports and presentations on interventions as requested and provide data analysis and report writing;
- Under the direction of the Foreign Firm Linkage Manager, help to integrate key program learnings into actionable business reform recommendations;
- Liaise with public and private sector entities including relevant government ministries and research bodies, sector associations, and representatives of SMEs and FFs;
- Work with sector-specific short-term consultants to engage with foreign firms to help assess and develop Vietnamese SMEs readiness packages and training modules; and
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor to meet Activity objectives.
- Degree in business management or related field, advanced degree preferred;
- Experience supporting multinational private sector brands in business expansion, which may include foreign firms’ supply chain management; supplier development, commercial contracting, sales, or business development;
- Demonstrated experience engaging with a wide range of stakeholders including foreign firms to support business linkages between foreign firms and SMEs;
- Familiarity with the foreign firms’ operations, sourcing requirements and procurement procedures, and skills in commercial contracting, negotiations, and sales;
- Maturity, professionalism, and positive attitude; and
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English required.
- Attractive remuneration package and career development opportunities will be offered to the successful candidate.
If your background meets these requirements, you will be in a prime position to succeed at KPMG. Please submit an English detailed resume to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application must be sent by email and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.