France: Overview of tax relief, other relief measures (COVID-19)
France: Overview of tax relief, other relief measures
The French government has provided tax relief and other relief measures for businesses and their employees in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
KPMG Avocats has prepared a report that summarizes the COVID-19-related relief measures provided as of 7 April 2020, including:
- Tax postponements or rebates, including postponed deadlines for filing tax returns and for expedited refunds of tax credits
- 2020 distributions, commitment to responsibility required from large groups
- Relief related to on-going tax audits and procedures
- Postponement of deadlines for payment of social security contributions
- Emergency measures relating to paid leave, working hours, and rest days
- Customs measures
- Measures relating to the courts
- Measures concerning corporate general assembly meetings, boards of directors and supervisory boards
- Measures relating to the closing and approval of accounts
Read an April 2020 report [PDF 407 KB] prepared by the KPMG member firm in France
The KPMG name and logo are trademarks used under license by the independent member firms of the KPMG global organization. KPMG International Limited is a private English company limited by guarantee and does not provide services to clients. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm. The information contained herein is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavor to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act on such information without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of the particular situation. For more information, contact KPMG's Federal Tax Legislative and Regulatory Services Group at: + 1 202 533 4366, 1801 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20006.