This report details the technologies that global tech companies are investing in, how much, and how quickly they expect to realize significant ROI
- Tech companies are indeed investing in technologies they believe to be transformative.
- Internet of Things (IoT) is the top technology that tech companies are investing in today and plan to continue investing in three years from now.
- Forty-four percent of tech company leaders expect significant ROI within the first six months of implementing an innovative technology, and 71 percent expect it within the first year.
- A significant number of large tech enterprises (40%) show very conservative investment (<$10 million annually) in innovation driven by emerging technologies.
- By following a new model of dynamic investing, tech companies could achieve faster pivots on technology bets and more quickly capitalize on innovation opportunities.