Selected experience includes:
- Global Universal Bank (lean)– Phil led two client teams through the deployment of a lean program across two businesses delivering between 25% and 30% cost reduction in each instance. These programs included call center optimization, process efficiency, business engagement and design for functional outsourcing. All elements of lean principles applied from process & value chain mapping to automation, outsourcing and offshoring.
- Global Investment Bank (cost optimization) – Phil led a team of consultants over a 14 month engagement that delivered in excess of 20% benefits across the cost base. This included implementation of new policies, control boards, allocations analysis, tax optimization, offshoring, sourcing and third party cost reduction.
- Global Investment Bank (cost optimization) – Phil led a multi-phase engagement to improve controls and deliver efficiency benefits across a clients global Finance function. Benefits of over 30% were identified. Key levers were process efficiency, design of new global TOM, offshoring, automation and outsourcing.
- Investment management – Phil has led numerous cost optimization programs for investment management clients delivering on average 15% reduction in costs.
- Global Insurer – Phil led a large team over 2 years of projects assisting the client in the design and delivery a large global cross functional optimization, offshoring and outsource programs. For the outsourced elements, this involved supporting the client through scoping, design, vendor selection and implementation. For the overall environment and retained organization, current and future state operating models were documented, designed and implemented including functional specification, processes mapping, cost analysis, resource location, automation / systems standardization, performance metrics and controls.