- Darin has extensive IPO/SEC (public financing) experience with energy companies. He has assisted with over 100 transactions involving the issuance of public equity and debt securities.
- Darin has extensive involvement in KPMG’s National Energy Team’s continuous education initiatives. He has written, participated in, and instructed many firm wide utility training courses in his career including the areas of basic utilities, rate making process, taxes for utilities, and FASB technical training on numerous areas including derivatives, deferred costs, post retirement benefits and goodwill intangibles. Darin completed a rotation through the national KPMG Department of Professional Practice (DPP) focusing on accounting technical issues including Income Taxes, Consolidations, Derivatives, Debt & Equity, Cash Flows, Leases, SEC Practice Matters and Energy Specific Topics in 2007/2008 and in 2011 and 2012. He leads the Firm efforts on the new accounting standards and the effects on Energy as well as his lead partner role on numerous energy clients and leadership of the audit practice. Darin in an SEC Reviewing partner which is a position in the firm given to a distinguished group of select partners. Darin is also a top resource supporting Financial Derivatives ( FDR) and Income Taxes.
- Darin is heavily involved with EEI/AGA including speaking, technical issues, Revenue, Derivatives and Leases.
- Darin has significant involvement in regulatory issues and regulatory filings including the writing of and support of company-filed testimony on rate issues both domestically and internationally.
- Darin has been a leader in the knowledge of merger and acquisitions through his participation in numerous international and domestic deals. This knowledge includes accounting issues, reporting, purchase price issues, filing of documents, and pro forma items. It also includes development and analysis of detailed business models on each acquisition of which KPMG has a strong practice.
- Darin has extensive experience in international and US GAAP conversions as a result of multinational audit engagements and merger and acquisition engagements of foreign energy assets and businesses.
- Clients served by Darin over the last 28 years include NRG Energy, Inc., Long Island Power Authority, PNM, PES, UGI and Amerigas, EPEC, EDF, DPL, National Grid, Missouri Public Service, People’s Natural Gas, Northern Minnesota Utilities, Kansas Public Service, Westplains Energy, West Virginia Power, Michigan Gas Utilities, St. Joseph Light & Power, United Energy, West Kootenay Power, United Networks, Multinet Gas, Midlands Electricity, Alinta Gas, U.S. Department of Energy, Mountaineer Gas, EFH, Avangrid.
Background and Education
Darin is a member of the AICPA and a licensed CPA in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Missouri and Kansas . Darin’s civic and board activities include University of Kansas School of Business – Advisory Board; Greater Philadelphia Energy Council, Horizon Academy Treasurer, President of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Broad Street Ministries of Philadelphia and CB Cares..