Jerry has spent his career focused on Business Systems Integration and Information Management solutions for Fortune 100 companies across most commercial industry segments, with a primary focus on the Communications sector. Prior to joining KPMG, he held various positions including BearingPoint’s Senior Vice President of both Integration Solutions and Communications and Media Solutions, and as a member of Andersen Consulting’s Technology Competency Group. Some representative projects are as follows:
- Managed the implementation of a business intelligence system used to manage quality for the world’s largest automotive company
- Managed the implementation of a provisioning and billing integration component of a Voice Over IP rollout for a major cable television operator
- Implemented a High Speed Data Provisioning system for a mid-tier cable television operator
- Managed the implementation of a mortgage lending solution based on business process management for a major home builder and lender
- Led multiple projects focused on Service Oriented Architecture assessment and strategy
- Managed the implementation of a process automation and integration solution to help streamline the hardware procurement process for one of the world’s largest web content providers.
- Engagement Director for an EAI selection and strategy engagement for a major electric utility. Provided foundation for the development of an EAI center of excellence. Strategy included development of EAI business case and ROI analysis.
- Engagement Manager for a large EAI implementation for a regional bell operating company. Implementations included web enablement of legacy, OSS/BSS integration, and shared services integration.
- Led a team in the assessment of the technical architecture for a leading cable SMS [Subscriber Management System] vendor. Assessed their proposed architectural direction against quality measures such as scalability, extensibility, and performance.
- Analyzed and documented the order-to-bill processes for a major global telecommunications carrier with a focus on how these processes impact financial reporting. Identified deficiencies in current processes and made recommendations for future improvements.
Three recent engagements
- When a major cable provider decided to roll out Internet of Things solutions to enable security and home automation products, I worked as project leader to understand the client’s needs, then helped develop and deploy a technology-rich vendor management integration initiative. Now the client is a leader in deploying home automation and security services and it has engaged more than a million new subscribers.
- I also helped a major life sciences company streamline its IT and business processes, significantly reducing cycle time. When we were finished, IT service requests from around the world were being answered in as little as three to four days. Before our initiative it would take as long as a month. This was a significant improvement to customer service and helped the client remove duplication, reduce errors and increase quality and transparency.
- When a major U.S. financial institution wanted to launch a new consumer lending business, we employed automation technologies and had the new line of business live in three months. I provided support as a technology advisor and we are now working to expand the service to additional countries. This enabled the client to quickly launch a new line of business in a market worth more than $1 trillion.