Jonathan is a Partner in KPMG’s financial services practice with over 17 years of experience with many of KPMG’s largest insurance engagements.
Jonathan has broad experience in the insurance industry ranging across both life and health and property casualty insurers and reinsurers as well as brokerages.
Professional and industry experience
- Significant experience in insurance carrier and insurance services transactions.
- Jonathan has led several projects relating to domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisition & divestiture projects in the U.S. and global insurance industry. Representative sample of engagements Jonathan has led for his insurance clients include:
- Multi-disciplinary due diligence assistance to evaluate risk and opportunities in connection with potential mergers and acquisitions, including financial, commercial, operational, actuarial, regulatory & compliance, and information technology due diligence
- Advisory assistance to evaluate potential risk & opportunities in connection with potential divestitures of clients’ business units/segments
- Post-deal finance integration assistance & support, including convergence of financial & management reporting and close processes.
- Pre-and post-deal separation risk assessment, due diligence, and planning.
- Specific experience includes leading both buy and sell side due diligence associated with strategic corporate and private equity investments in the insurance industry. Work included analysis of earnings adjustments, working capital, analysis of cost base, analysis of future earnings projections, assistance with SPA, and other services.