In today’s global business environment, companies are expected to be transparent about how they operate globally and where they pay tax. As a result, our clients have had to rethink how to explain operating models and tax approaches to stakeholders. This means being able to understand the commercial facts and aligning them with profit and tax outcomes.
By integrating KPMG’s Value Chain Analysis (‘VCA’) methodology into your business operations, we can help you reduce costs and risks, allowing you to make the most of your investment.
How can we help you
Our Value Chain Management team consists of specialists across the tax spectrum. We can help you consider different aspects of corporate tax, transfer pricing and international tax for your business. We have helped some of the largest companies consider and manage multiple tax implications.Additionally, through our global network of firms, we can help you integrate tax into your operating model.
Our Value Chain Management team can:
- Advise on ways to reduce tax risk by ensuring you are Base Erosion Profit Shifting (‘BEPS’) compliant and prepared for tax audits
- Analyse and explain your business value chain using the KPMG VCA methodology
- Advise you on availing incentives and reliefs such as patent box opportunities and R&D tax credits
- Assist you with all tax aspects of the intellectual property lifecycle
- Help you evaluate the tax implications of your digital value chain and the impact of global legislative changes
- Offer multi-disciplinary support on strategic, commercial, operational and legal matters through our business advisory capabilities
How can a value chain analysis help you?
We can help you analyse your business value chain using the KPMG VCA methodology. We have developed this bespoke approach to map your organisation's entire value chain and assess the relative importance of key drivers. This makes it possible to overlay VCA against your tax requirements.
A well-executed VCA can help you align your operating model to the reality and enable you to:
- Assess your transfer pricing model’s alignment with the OECD BEPS principles
- Support your Master File and Country-by-Country Reporting
- Deepen your understanding of how your business functions
- Develop a more sustainable model
- Prepare for discussions with tax authorities and stakeholders
If you would like to learn more about our value chain management solutions or need help with transfer pricing, do reach out to us.