Professional Services firm KPMG has taken five ambitious scale-up businesses from across Greater Manchester to WebSummit
Professional Services firm KPMG has taken five ambitious scale-up businesses from across Greater Manchester to WebSummit – the global technology conference in Lisbon - to fly the flag for the very best innovation coming out of the UK’s Northern Powerhouse.
This week, WebSummit is expected to be attended by over 70,000 people, including CEOs and founders of the world’s biggest companies, the most promising new start-ups and scale-ups and influential investors.
The businesses selected to showcase the innovation coming out of Manchester are :
· Spareroom.co.uk – who are on a mission to help people find more than just a room. The business helps people find the right people to live with and new experiences to share.
· Digidentistry : an advanced way of learning using augmented reality and animation, offering a multi-language system and an intelligent E-learning platform, enhancing, engaging and increasing academic grades. DigiDentistry's resources are new, innovative and capture the imagination, expanding into other academic areas on an international platform.
· AVM Solutions UK : a high end audio visual solutions provider which helps organisations communicate with their employees & customers by building bespoke solutions using cutting edge technology that is fit for purpose & simple to use.
· Tao Digital : a digital marketing agency based in Bolton, which specialises in SEO, PPC and marketing automation.
· Broadstone - a temporary staffing platform that provides jobseekers with flexible work opportunities with some of the largest employers in the UK. Making window job ads in traditional high street staffing agencies a thing of the past.
The delegation of Northern businesses were referred to KPMG by the Manchester Growth Company, which works closely with KPMG’s Enterprise practice to support ambitious scale-up businesses with their growth agendas.
The team touched down in Lisbon on Monday 5th November, and have spent the last few days meeting and networking with investors, participating in a series of bespoke growth sessions led and designed by KPMG experts, in addition to meeting other fast growth businesses and tech-sector experts from around the world.
Commenting on the trade mission, Kirsty Mitchell, Director of Growth at KPMG, said:
“These are five exceptional businesses that absolutely typify the incredible innovation and entrepreneurialism that is coming out of Manchester and the wider Northern Powerhouse right now. They are ambitious and hungry for success, and together, demonstrate the kind of cutting-edge technologies that are coming online that are innovative, exciting and addressing real-world problems. We are delighted to help them with their growth journeys, and to help them seize the opportunities that being at WebSummit presents.”
For media enquiries, please contact:
Emma Murray, KPMG Corporate Communications
T: 020 7694 6506
KPMG Press Office
Tel: +44 (0) 207 694 8773
About KPMG in the UK
KPMG LLP, a UK limited liability partnership, operates from 22 offices across the UK with approximately 14,500 partners and staff. The UK firm recorded a revenue of £2.2 billion in the year ended 30 September 2017. KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. It operates in 154 countries and territories and has 200,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
© 2020 KPMG LLP, a UK limited liability partnership, and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative, a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”) is a Swiss entity. Member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated with KPMG International. KPMG International provides no client services. No member firm has any authority to obligate or bind KPMG International or any other member firm vis-à-vis third parties, nor does KPMG International have any such authority to obligate or bind any member firm.