Share with your friends

KPMG Advises CSHL on Combination of Styles & Wood and Southerns

KPMG Advises CSHL on Styles & Wood and Southerns

KPMG has supported Central Square Holdings Limited (CSHL) on the combination of Styles & Wood Group plc (S&W) and Southerns Group (Southerns).


Also on

KPMG has supported Central Square Holdings Limited (CSHL) on the combination of Styles & Wood Group plc (S&W) and Southerns Group (Southerns). 

The acquisition of property services group S&W, which received shareholder approval in February 2018, has completed today after the shares were delisted from the London Stock Exchange. 

CSHL held a 25% equity interest in Southerns, the leading furniture, fittings and equipment, and interiors specialist. As part of the transaction, CSHL entered into a share purchase agreement to purchase the remaining 75% conditional on the S&W takeover completing. S&W will now join forces with Southerns, and both organisations have today become wholly owned by CSHL.

KPMG’s debt advisory team provided financing advice to CSHL and comprised Nick Dodd, James Hatton, Meredith Casey and David Madoc-Jones. KPMG’s transaction services team, which provided due diligence on the deal, was led by John Moth, who was supported by Philippa Keasey and Chris Percy.

Nick Dodd, Head of Debt Advisory at KPMG in the UK, said: “The funding provided for this transaction demonstrates the clear support from HSBC and Tosca Debt Capital for the future growth performance of the combined business in the property services sector. It also signals the strength of the Northern debt market and the ability of management teams in the region to access the scale and flexibility of debt products that can help them realise their commercial ambitions.” 





Notes to editors:

For media enquiries, please contact:

Alastair Henry, Citypress (on behalf of KPMG)

T: 0161 235 0320


About KPMG

KPMG LLP, a UK limited liability partnership, operates from 22 offices across the UK with approximately 14,500 partners and staff.  The UK firm recorded a revenue of £2.2 billion in the year ended 30 September 2017. KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax, and Advisory services. It operates in 152 countries and has 189,000 professionals working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity.  Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.


Alastair Henry

Senior Account Director



T: +44 (0)161 235 0320

M: +44 (0)7738 206 847


PRWeek Awards Winner 2017

PRWeek Best Place to Work 2017

PRCA Ethical Champion 2017


Manchester | London | Birmingham | Edinburgh | Liverpool


City Press Services Limited, Union, 2-10 Albert Square, Manchester M2 6LW. Company Registered No 1924203 (England).

Connect with us


Want to do business with KPMG?


loading image Request for proposal