The risks from climate change are becoming more evident every year. The management of these risks is a major challenge facing the energy sector. How they are managed will have a bearing on security of supply, affordability and our ability to decarbonise the energy system. That’s why we’ve teamed up with the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) to consider the dynamic risks facing the energy sector. Using KPMG’s Dynamic Risk Assessment (DRA) methodology, this report provides an enhanced assessment of risks impacting the energy system. These insights are designed to help decision-makers in the energy sector think about the risks they face in a dynamic way, analysing the interdependencies that exist, and making better informed decisions as a result to build a more resilient energy system.
This report will cover:
- Physical risks of climate change; prevention and adaption
- Future earning capacities
- Risk mitigation, focusing on system-wide exposures in the absence of national government strategy and regulation
- External pressures currently being faced by companies from investors and customers
- Our four key recommendations for businesses operating in the sector